What would your dream house look like?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by akiii123 • Oct 10, 2014.

1. akiii123

akiii123Active Member

Threads:
    I would want my dream house to be really beautiful and placed at the sea shore. It would have all the modern equipment with all kinds of help. I would love to own a boat house also so that I can enjoy the sea whenever I want. I would also love to have a huge veranda and a balcony, so that I can enjoy the sunset and the sunrise every single day.

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    My dream house, where to start? :D I like light/sunny places a lot so I'd have tall windows oriented towards the sun. I like the look and feel of wood so I'd have a lot of wooden furniture/floors. I like the green of plants so I'd have some dense vegetation in every corner of my house. I like keeping things simple so I won't fill the space with things I don't truly need. The location, among vegetation or to steal your idea, on the sea shore.

Now, who can lend me money? Plenty of it.

3. Danyel72

Danyel72Active Member

Threads:
    I think I kind of live in my dream house. It's a 2 story and has plenty of room and it's comfy and feels like home. It is a previous model so we have some upgrades and we just painted the interior and the exterior so the colors are perfect!

I guess if I won the lottery, I would love a house with the huge winding staircase when you walk into the front door. Not just for the look but because I always dreamed of seeing my daughters walk down stairs like that on their wedding day. :)

Danyel :)

4. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Mine would be near the sea and by a sandy beach, it would have steps up to the front door and at least two libraries. There would be an East Wing and a West Wing, each having their own set of bedrooms and bathrooms and an attic that would cover the entire floor and have windows surrounding it and of course a balcony.

Downstairs would be be a basement floor for guests leading into the garden and a kitchen opening into a conservatory. There would be a sauna and a swimming pool and all the bathrooms would have roll top baths with views of the garden and the sea.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I know exactly what kind of house I am going to build on my property. It will be an octagonal shape and set in a dry, hilly area, surrounded by trees. This shape is very important to me as Feng shui plays a vital role in my life. It will help to create a harmonious flow of energy and light all around. I long for a home where I feel at peace, as with most of the houses and apartments that I have rented over the years, there was always something that bothered me, and I needed to make adjustments. That's why I want to build my own home from scratch, so that I can plan everything beforehand and don't need to waste any time with trying to fix things later.

6. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'll take a two-story, modern, log cabin, with a loft for my master suite. I'd like fireplaces in every living space and one on an outside wall as well. I'd like a pool too. And a gazebo. And lots of plants and flowers. A park-like setting with a stone path to the gazebo sounds good.

7. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    My where do I start , I would love for my dream house to sit off to itself. I would want upstairs and down stair about 5 bathrooms and about 6 bedrooms . A multi purpose room and and theater for myself and husband. I want a large pool with a four car garage along with my drive way being a drive thru circle. I want plenty of lights and a family.

8. 003

003Well-Known Member

Threads:
    My dream house would not look like at all as if it's been dreamed by someone. It doesn't at all look extravagant, and overly decorated. It just needs to be really simple like the house I am living now, your ordinary looking typical houses. I think then that I am already living the house that I dreaming. I am happy the way it is. It doesn't look like a house of a super-rich.

9. kwriter93

kwriter93Member

Threads:
    My Dream House

My dream house would be a huge log cabin with a balcony in the back. I would want huge windows on the upper level and a big crystal chandelier. In the back, there would be the perfect private lake. The back yard would have a clear view to the sunrise so I could spend my mornings on the balcony taking it all in. I would also want a boat (even though that has nothing to do with the house) for my private lake. That would be the absolute best for me!:D

10. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My dream house would have to be a cross between a Victorian era country house and a Spanish casa or villa. I like English architecture and the interiors of Spanish homes. I also envision having an infinity pool, a big lawn with a driveway (like those you see in English estates), a big library that'll be open to the public, a mini gymnasium and a solarium.

11. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    Hmmm where to begin? I've given this a bit of thought before ;). I wouldn't want a *huge* place but enough room for my little family plus friends and family who may want to visit and stay for a bit. I would want a fairly big piece of land though, for a few different kinds of gardens...one of which being a Japanese zen garden with a koi pond. I'd have a massively stocked kitchen with all kinds of cooking supplies, a huge pantry and room for extras. I'd have a "health center" kind of room for all our medicines, medical supplies, etc. plus a massage chair, reiki table and other comfort focused things. A hot tub. I would probably splurge a little on one aspect of things and have a home theater plus arcade. I'd have to have a big library, too. As for the overall style, I have kind of an industrial gothic theme in mind- exposed brick, rich, dark colours contrasting with some more natural, neutral tones.

12. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    First, the location: a tropical island.

My dream house would be built at the center of the Island. I'm supposing that the it would be somewhat elevated so that I can have a 360 degrees view of the ocean. The house needn't be large or cute-looking. In fact, I'd like it better if it has a drab facade but the inside . . . boy I can't even describe it.

13. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My dream house would be small enough for me to clean without hired help, big enough to hold all my stuff and be completely paid for so that I wouldn't have to deal with the stress of a monthly housing payment.

I don't need luxuries. To me just having a house that was paid off would be a dream, although there would still be property tax.