What would your last meal be?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by isabbbela • Jul 17, 2014.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Today I was reading an article online, and it got me thinking about it! It was about this guy who was sentenced to death and what the person who was writing felt about it. He was talking about how who is in the death corridor can request whatever they want as their last meal, and I was wondering what I would ask for!
    Of course, I would never want to be in that situation (and I surely hope I never am)!!! But knowing you could only have one last meal, whatever the situation is, is really sad, regardless of you dying after the meal or not...
    So after much thought, I think my choice would be sushi and a burrito with lots of guacamole and sour cream.... I know, I know Japanese food absolutely does not match Mexican food!! But I would hope I had a few hours to eat them and take some time in between! I would probably choose just regular Coke to drink, and creme brulee or a petit gateau as my dessert!
    Please, let me know what would be your last meal!!

2. misterv520

misterv520New Member

Threads:
    My last meal would probably be just a cup of water. Dying is thirsty work and a cup of water is the easiest way to go. Food would just be wasted on a dead person.

3. That'sDevo

That'sDevoActive Member

Threads:
    I would order an entire bucket of KFC, biscuits and coleslaw with a side of sushi spider rolls. Realistically I would be so terrified of my imminent death and horribly sad I would be leaving all the pleasures of this world along with loved ones I would end up nibbling on a biscuit while sobbing. If you've ever seen that episode of King of the Hill where Dale, Khan and others try making elaborate "last supper" themed meals but end up depressing themselves you would understand the feeling.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Whenever something big is coming up I'm always so keyed up I actually never eat at all. So if I was in death row and my death was just a few hours away, I wouldn't bother asking for any special meal.

For my last meal, I'd have nothing. It's not like I'd be starving myself . . . right now is the time to treat yourself if you have to.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I wouldn´t be very hungry if I was in that situation. But as a last meal, I would have a few spoonfuls of pumpkin soup with ginger. And if I was allowed a last favour, I would like to have a Buddhist monk come and meditate with me for the last time before going to the next dimension. I can´t imagine what a person facing the death penalty must feel like... can one ever be prepared for such a thing? (I know I am changing the subject here.)

6. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Of course. Some people [very few of them] regret the bad things they've done and want to atone for what they did so for them they don't fear death but rather welcome it as a way to pay for what they did. For the rest of the folks though I think they're never really fully prepared to die so even when they have this special last meal probably they still have hopes that they can be pardoned at the 11th hour.

7. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    Honestly, I don't think I'd eat, I think I'd be too busy vomiting. But if I had to pick... I'd probably pick fried chicken, a leg and thigh, mashed potatoes and white gravy, macaroni and cheese, and garlicky green beans/bacon. For dessert I'd want a piece of Hershey's Cheesecake like from the Cheesecake factory.