What You Don't Buy Online

Discussion in Online Shopping started by vida_llevares • Nov 11, 2012.

1. vida_llevares

vida_llevaresActive Member

Threads:
    Almost everything can already be bought online.

Nevertheless, it is still up to the consumer to decide whether or not to buy certain things online.

What do you not buy online?

2. weddingbands12

weddingbands12Banned

Threads:
    Online is really fast and great idea .I think we choice the Buy Online.

3. addicted_buyer

addicted_buyerExpert

Threads:
    lolwut.

I don't ever buy things I need with urgency online. I live in a somewhat remote area, so if I buy anything online, I have to wait, at least, 1 week (if I go for the most expensive shipping method). Sometimes I can't afford to wait that long, and therefore, I have to buy that whatever item it is in a local store.

I also have never bought any kind of food online. I'd love to buy candy from Japan one day!

4. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    Me too! :)

I never buy shoes online, even though I want to very much because it's so convenient and I prefer it to crowded shoe stores. I'm very paranoid, however, about different brands having slightly different ideas of each size, so I would rather just try them on for myself so I know exactly what I'm buying. Another reason is that sometimes a pair of shoes look very beautiful but they won't look good on you, trying them on before purchasing is a much better way, in my opinion, and causes less regret.

5. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I think for me it is any type of expensive electronics. I really prefer to buy local when it comes to electronics like TVs and computers. This way if there are any problems at all, I can go right back to a local store and talk to someone in person. I have bought iPods and smaller electronics on-line before and have not had any problems. I still am just not very comfortable buying the more expensive electronics on-line.

6. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    If it needs papers to sign I don't buy it online and I guess you don't too :D Actually I don't buy it online especially the things those that costs more than $200. I'm even reluctant to buy the tablet I currently have when It just costs around $170. But I did bought it online :D

7. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There is nothing I wouldn't buy online if it was for the right price and there is the option of returning the item. I usually buy clothes online but I have also purchased food and electronic goods. I can't think of a type of product I wouldn't be willing to buy online...

8. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I won't buy food online, because I like to choose it myself. I worry that I'll be served up with all the rubbish and short dated fresh stuff that nobody else wants, although common sense tells me that wouldn't happen, as people would soon stop buying online. I also won't buy any sort of drugs online. If the doctor or pharmacist doesn't recommend it, I won't buy it.

9. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I buy almost everything online. Christmas presents, birthday presents and even beauty supplies are purchased online by me. I can usually get a great deal on shampoo and feminine products online. Most of the time I get them cheaper online than what I can find them for in the store. The only thing I do not buy online is food. I have actually looked into buying food online and it is cheaper to get it in the store in person. Not only can you see what you are getting, but it is more cheaper to buy in the store because you don't have to pay shipping charging. Think about it; someone has to bring a special truck to your house with fridges and freezers to keep your items cold.

10. mnicole

mnicoleMember

Threads:
    I couldnt agree with you more on the food . If i can't see the food that im buying then i wont buy it you never know what people can do to it.

11. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't buy perishable food online. I don't buy clothes online either. I know that they can be returned, but that's a major pain in the rear. I have purchased shoes online. I don't think I will ever do that again. The shoe might fit, but sometimes a strap or something is in the wrong place on my foot. Plus, it make look good online but not so good on my foot.

I would never buy a car online. I did buy a car off eBay once, but it was listed by a local buyer. I went to check the car out before I made a final bid.

12. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfateMember

Threads:
    The only things I've never been fond of buying online are cloths and food. Food for obvious reasons so I won't explain. But cloths, I like being fitted for my stuff so I don't have to worry about it not fitting when I buy it. You lose that luxury ordering online.

13. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Definitely wouldn't buy food online, I just don't trust buying anything online that goes inside my body. I mostly buy clothes and shoes online.

14. rajks

rajksNew Member

Threads:
    Online shopping is safe if you are aware some points related to this shopping. I purchasing a jewelry from online shop getjewelified.com

15. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    I no longer purchase food online. Most things I need/want do not qualify for free shipping with Amazon, so it is not worth it to me. Also, the one can of almond butter I ordered arrived with about a quarter of the contents spilled onto the package. So, food is a no go for me.

16. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I have never bought food online. I prefer to go to a grocery store and pick out my own food, even if it's packaged food that could probably be shipped to me.

Also, I do not buy clothes from a company that I am unfamiliar with because I don't know the quality, the fit, or the style; I don't have the luxury of having the clothes in front of me. If it's a company that I trust and know, then I know exactly what size will fit me with that company, what kind of quality it is, and whether it's something I can buy offline (or if I should go to a store).

Otherwise, I buy a lot of things online. It is more convenient and, at times, less expensive.

17. AlexMcLeod01

AlexMcLeod01New Member

Threads:
    I buy all sorts of things online. But, I will never buy produce or meat/dairy online. I think most other foods are relatively shelf stable, so I would be willing to try it, and have never really gotten around to it.

I would also never buy something online if I know it will cost me more than to get it in person. I saved $20 a piece on cruise tickets just by going to a travel agent.

18. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I think the big ticket items are about the only thing I wouldn't consider buying online. I would look into them online first anyway, though.

For example, I wouldn't buy a car or house online without seeing it first. When we were looking for a house, though, I did check out Craigslist and go look at some of those houses in my area.

19. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    I wont buy on line if I can buy in my town, because I don't like the delay of postage. Clearly some things can only be bought on line, so if I need to I will. I still prefer shop shopping though rather than Internet shopping. I won't buy a car online, although I may see a car on line, and request to meet the seller directly. I find returns much easier with shop bought items also.

20. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    Food. I don't order food online unless it's a specialty candy that's only sold in a certain area, Godiva chocolate, or chocolate covered strawberries. I buy shoes online even though I shouldn't because of the hassle, but it's mostly food that I don't buy online.