Whataburger Fiddles while the Economy Burns ...

Discussion in Stores Reviews, Comments & Complaints started by mythman • May 30, 2014.

1. mythman

mythmanActive Member

Threads:
    I recently went to

on account of a coupon I have ... I there found out the coupon was for a side they serve at breakfast (though they did offer to turn on the oven and have it for me in half-an-hour or so)

I instead chose a triple-decker WHATABURGER-meal, and found out that--when they ask "would you like cheese with that"--they're really asking 'would you like to pay FIFTY EXTRA CENTS PER SLICE?' (Maybe WHATABURGER buys 'premium' cheese, and the burger certainly WAS good; but my neighbors tell me I could've gone out and bought a WHOLE PACK of cheese slices for about as much as those three slices cost!)

And then ... I don't know if it was 'me misjudging the weight of the burger' (being used to lighter sandwiches) or if it was 'late in the shift & the preparers were rushed in wrapping the burger,' but--when I flipped the burger over to unwrap it from the paper they wrapped it in--half the burger flew out of the paper & into my lap! (Luckily, I caught enough of it to put it back together just-fine :cool: )

So it's WHATABURGER in the morning (probably Monday or Tuesday) and after that probably only if I have a coupon (since we've got a Grandy's,

, Taco Bell, Taco Bueno and a few other good places within walking-distance for the same price or less).

2. Fauxpat

FauxpatMember

Threads:
    It's really hard to find that one specific fast food location that makes the menu items just right. Either you're going to have too little on it or too much. The worst is when the sandwich isn't even hot enough to melt the cheese.

Speaking of, your story about the cheese reminds me of McDonald's McDouble. It's two beef patties and a slice of cheese. It's a dollar. Their Double Cheeseburger also has two beef patties, but also has an additional slice of cheese. It's about $1.20. It doesn't make any sense.

3. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm such a cheapskate and feel so cheated when I pay 20-50 cents extra for a slice of cheese that I've been known to smuggle a couple of Kraft singles from home in my purse and add it to a hamburger at the table. Or I get the burgers to go and add cheese at home. It might sound silly, but an extra 20-50 cents here and there adds up.

4. ami560

ami560Member

Threads:
    Food places just love charging extras for far more than what they are worth. It's just how food, especially fast food, places work. They make that much gross profit knowing that some is eaten away in unused produce that has to be thrown away, some more in rent, utilities, oil, and such. But, their prices are still exorbitant.