What's a good album you've purchased lately?

Discussion in Movies, Music & Games started by Mayvin • Jun 14, 2013.

1. Mayvin

MayvinActive Member

Threads:
    It's been a while since I've bought a new CD and was curious if anyone else has bought one recently that you enjoyed?

2. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I didn't buy it myself, my brother gave it to me for Christmas, but it was the Susan Boyle CD that she did of Broadway Songs. Very well done, and I enjoy it immensely. I don't buy too many CD'S these days, I have many in my collection already, and I also will acquire music online if I want it. As its is the CD's that I have the music has been downloaded to my MP3 and MP4, so needless to say they aren't played that much.

3. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I no longer purchase an entire album of one artist alone. I can't even remember the last time I purchased a music CD. Why do I no longer buy albums? Because I don't dig all of the songs of one artist. That's why I just download on a per song basis and not purchase an entire album.

4. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    A good album that I have lately been obsessed with is Adele's.
    I think she is absolutely brilliant ad a woman and a singer. Her voice is like a million angels singing in your ear.
    I even get emotional from her music although I have listened to the song many many times before.
    I highly recommend listening to her music that isn't even that mainstream.

5. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't purchased a CD in years, I just download albums nowadays. But I would have to say that Chris Brown's albums are quite good and worth listening too.

6. jbepp

jbeppMember

Threads:
    The last CD I purchased is Tomorrow's Harvest by Boards of Canada.
    I actually prefer to buy online and download it, but since they're one of my favorite groups, I decided that I would buy the physical version. It's a great electronic duo, but it's a bit experimental so you may not like it at first.

7. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I'm sad to say it's been ages since I've purchased any CDs. The last ones were probably TOOL and A Perfect Circle...and of course anything with Maynard is perfection and deserving of whatever retail price they're asking ;). Worth a listen, for sure.

8. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Gary Numan's new CD. That guy sure knows how to age.

9. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    John Legend recently released his album Love In the Future. I absolutely love it! Not sure if you like R&B/Soul music but if you do (and for some who don't) you'll absolutely love this project!

10. pipps

pippsActive Member

Threads:
    The last album I downloaded was Games by Claire, it's incredible! I can't stop listening to it. It's really easy-going music and makes me feel really chilled out and relaxed. And makes me think of sunny days and cold winter nights:)

I want everyone to listen to it! It's amazing!

11. jessicadnguyen

jessicadnguyenNew Member

Threads:
    I recently got Roy Kim's Love Love Love album. You guys probably don't know who he is but he's this really great Korean guitarist/singer. His songs are perfect for driving in the car to school because his voice is as smooth as silk. He has a Jason Mraz feel except...in Korean, haha! But I love his music and if you guys ever are thinking about perusing Korean music, I'd definitely give him a try.

12. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    Oh, geez. I haven't bought any album lately except that I now listen to music on the IHeart Radio. I just ordered the album called "Love and the Outcome", which is a Christian duo band. I haven't heard of it until on the radio, which was probably about 2 weeks ago. I like most of their songs, therefore, I decided to purchase the album on a CD.

13. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't bought an actual physical album in many years, I think the last one was the Nirvana Best Of.
    As for downloads, I actually bought Eminem's latest album yesterday and I've been listening to it all day :) it's a nice return to roots.

14. CannibalCrayon

CannibalCrayonNew Member

Threads:
    I recently purchased The Pretty Reckless' album Light Me Up, and it is absolutely divine. I've always had issues with female-fronted rock bands, so this was a really refreshing purchase for me. I've been listening to it constantly.
    I've actually been listening to a lot of female artists recently, which is odd in of itself, but I've been really into Marina and the Diamonds and Sumo Cyco as well as The Pretty Reckless.

#14Nov 30, 2013
    Last edited: Nov 30, 2013