What's For Christmas Dinner?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Diane Lane • Dec 3, 2016.

1. thisnthat

thisnthatActive Member

Threads:
    It was very nice. I hope yours was as well.

I forgot all about the broccoli, but it still turned out okay. I'll just have to make it next time she comes over.

I wouldn't mind doing non-traditional. In fact, I was going to do something like that for Christmas Day, since we had our "official" holiday meal Christmas Eve. I don't think you can go wrong with enchiladas, ha ha.

I can't really eat eggs without them hurting my stomach, so I'm with your son, but there are so many cool recipes that use eggs. Some of those brunch dish things look absolutely beautiful.

2. larryl332

larryl332Active Member

Threads:
    We had our usual ham and potatoes and carrots, and it was pretty good as usual. I kind of like the standard meal, where there are no real surprises.

3. tonyb

tonybActive Member

Threads:
    Oh no, you mean you aren't going to east turkeys and chickens during the Christmas, sounds somehow to me. In as much as I respect vegetarians a lot and had thought about being one I am not sure I can be a full vegetarian. I can decide not to eat any of the mammals again but birds and fishes especially fishes are stuff I cannot do without.

4. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest I am a vegetarian for last 12 years despite the fact that I am a Punjabi who love eating chicken more than anyone else. I used to eat all kind of meat, lesser fish though because I live in a non fish area apart from fresh river fish from Ganges sometimes. But, I miss nothing being a vegetarian because our area has such a large variety of food that more than compensate meat.

5. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @thisnthat@thisnthat :pWe got to celebrate to be happy and festive for the season. We should eat whatever we like come holiday time too. It's the spirit of the festive season. On my facebook there is a lot of religious churches who put prayers up for people. They had one special on "Happy Birthday to Christ!" Now they hadn't said we should only eat a certain meal come holiday time, so enjoy whatever your family loves. Happiest of New Years!

#25Dec 27, 2016
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 12, 2017
  6. Vinaya

VinayaActive Member

Threads:
    I am not a Christian, therefore, I don't celebrate this festivals. However, I always wish my Christian friends. When I was student I even went to Christmas parties or dined in the restaurant in the Christmas eve.

7. Ray1

Ray1Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I am also not a Christian but there are number of Christians in my area and very famous churches in my city. I have number of good friends from Christian community whom we visit on their festivals and they do the same on ours. I even go to Church with my friends on Christmas Day and participate in almost every activity. Exchange of gifts is of course a regular practice.