What's it like using Ride Share on Craigslist

Discussion in Travel started by illusion • Nov 1, 2013.

1. illusion

illusionMember

Threads:
    I'm generally looking and Craiglist for values and things. I see a lot of people posting for Ride Share. Has anyone ever tried this? I would be worried about how safe it is.

2. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    What's ride share? Is it some type of other site like craiglist?

3. illusion

illusionMember

Threads:
    On Craigslist if you look under community you'll sometimes see posts for "Ride Share" which means that their looking for someone to ride with them to a city and split the gas. I like the idea, in general, but I could see how it could be unsafe. I'm wondering if there's that many people that have done this.

4. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Red flag. Red flag. Red flag.

I wouldn't recommend ride-sharing unless you know that person but since it's Craiglist we're talking here [you definitely don't know this person]. There are so many weirdos out there. Heard of hitch-hikers who were last seen hitch-hiking on some highway. . .

An attempt to save money can cost you your life. So since you'll still make money if you're healthy then spend that cash. Buy yourself gas and drive yourself where you're going. . .and pick up no hitch-hikers.

5. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    One of my friends used Ride Share when he was working in London. His travel expenses were a lot cheaper however he just didn't really get on with the person that well. He said he would do it again with someone with a nicer personality.