What's Next For Smartphones? Usb Type-c And Usb 3.1

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by troutski • Jun 13, 2015.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    By the end of 2015, higher-end smartphones are expected to get USB Type-C and possibly USB 3.1, so what does this mean? Well, you'll see faster charging rates even without Qualcomm's QuickCharge technology. Also, you won't have to fumble with the connector because it's designed to fit face-up or face-down into device. You'll even get faster data transfer rates and other benefits.

2. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    I am looking forward to all phones having IR hardware installed so I can use any new phone I buy to operate my television.
    I am also hoping that along with upgrades in hardware and software, they also upgrade battery tech & reduce power consumption.
    I would actually be happy if instead of making more powerful hardware, they made more efficient hardware.

3. GavinGimbo

GavinGimboMember

Threads:
    This is pretty much the right way to go. However, people will be concerned since they'd have to transition to a new type of port.

We still use traditional USB 2.0 and USB 3.0, so that will stay for a long time in computers I believe, while mobile devices will migrate as quickly as new devices come in. I guess I'll have to buy converters to plug in my USB pen drive to the next USB 3.1/C device I own.

4. BrandonScooterman

BrandonScootermanActive Member

Threads:
    SO I just stumbled across a very interesting article, spectrometers in smart phones!
    The applications are limitless.