What's Something You Dont Cheap Out On

Discussion in Off Topic Discussion & General Questions started by Ridge • Jun 7, 2014.

1. Ridge

RidgeMember

Threads:
    I know the whole point of this forum is to save money, but there are just some items you shouldn't cheap out on. What do you consider one of these items?

For me it is definitely a good mattress. Sleep is important, so if a extra couple hundred dollars will get me a better sleep I think it is 100% worth it. It amazes me how much money people will spend on extra features for your car you will be in for an hour day, then cheap out on the bed you will spend a third of your life on.

What items do you feel this way about?

2. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You are so correct about cheap mattresses. Once I bought a very cheap mattress and I regretted it. It really bothered my back. I finally bought a decent mattress. I could have saved money by just buying a good mattress upfront.

I also don't buy cheap heels (shoes). My grandmother always told me that I shouldn't be cheap when it came to my feet. I really took that advice to heart. I really don't want to spend my senior years not being able to walk because I wore cheap shoes.

3. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    This is most likely a given but I would rather not cheap out on healthcare or veterinary care. Because of the cost of healthcare unfortunately I have to stay on the crappy health insurance but it's best if you don't. Some things you cannot take care of yourself and if you haven't good health what have you got? With my dogs I am fortunate enough to have a good vet that isn't too costly though.

I know that's not really an item so I would probably also say airline tickets. I used to think airlines are all the same but it's really not good to try to stick to a budget on everything when it comes to your vacation. After my experience, it's safe to say that you could experience poor enough customer service that would make your trip not as enjoyable as you thought. The fun isn't just the destination but it's the journey that you have as well.

4. Aprax

ApraxMember

Threads:
    Food, it's important to eat well. I try to avoid junk food as much as possible so I try to make the most out of my grocery trips by getting everything that I want (in budget).

5. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Electronics and a good mattress. I buy my electronics to last for years, so I be sure to get exactly what I want. Even if that means I need to wait an extra month to save up enough money to get the new computer or tablet I want, I'll go ahead and just wait.

The Mattress is pretty self explanatory. I started getting much better sleep the second I updated from a twin bed to a queen sized bed. Quality sleep is very important to me and after I made that upgrade, I promised myself I'd never get a cheap mattress again.

6. whnuien

whnuienActive Member

Threads:
    Both pillow and mattress are really important to me. It has to be comfortable to sleep on so I don't mind spending extra money on those things. I love to be able to rest comfortably after a whole day of working.

My family and I grow our own food all year including rice so we don't really need to worry about spending too much money on a better product because we always believe we've got the best one of all.

7. 7zer0z

7zer0zBanned

Threads:
    I never cheap out on electronics such as phones, computers, and TVs. I would always much rather have a good product than a cheap one. Sure, you could buy a cheap computer for 200 bucks, but it will probably be a POS. I'd much rather spend a little extra money to get something that will last and run nicely than a cheap product that I'm going to complain about all the time.