What's The Best Deal You've Gotten Lately?

Discussion in Shopping Discussion started by Diane Lane • Mar 2, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't been doing very much shopping lately, other than a small item here and there. I spend a few dollars here and there on eBay, especially, usually purchasing craft-related items that I will use to make products I'll sell in my online shops. Although I've gotten some good deals, none have felt like a major victory.

What did feel like a major victory was getting a great deal on meat at Kroger. I used to think the meat at Kroger was too expensive, so I would buy meat at Walmart. However, I started noticing that the meat prices were climbing at Walmart, so I took another look at Kroger. I've found that if I can catch a sale at Kroger, I can get some really great deals. I also like the look and quality of the meat at Kroger better than many other stores.

I picked up a package of cube steaks for less than $2 the other day. I anticipated that they would be fairly tough, since I usually have to pound the meat to tenderize it, even though that's already been done at the store. I was pleasantly surprised when I opened the package and found that it was the most tender cube steak I had ever seen. All I had to do was coat it and fry it up for a few minutes on each side, and dinner was ready. I don't recall the weight of the package, but it contained 4 steaks, and each one was a generous size, so that package ended up being 4 main servings. Even with the addition of a starch and one or two vegetables, that's a very economical meal.

Have you gotten any great deals lately that you'd like to share with us?

2. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best deal I've got lately is getting an Ebook which costs $11, free. Technically it's not a deal since I wasn't planning on buying the book but since the book costs $11.40 on Amazon and I've always wanted to read the book but wouldn't buy it, it felt like a great victory. The book was being given away free on a site [for a limited time] and I took advantage of that :)

3. Briannagodess

BriannagodessActive Member

Threads:
    Congrats on both deals you got guys! Mine would have to be this jeans I found in my local department store. It costs about 8 dollars when converted. And it looks quite nice, the fabric used is soft and it has a garter instead of a zipper. I love such jeans because I can breathe easily even if I ate a lot, lol. Aside from that, I love its wash, which is a bit lighter in colour, almost light blue. I think it will be easy to pair with any top.

:)

4. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well, I have to say that the best deal that I have gotten lately was my dry-herb vaporizer. I'd been smoking for about six years prior, and I anted to invest in a dry-herb vaporizer to save money on having to buy cigarettes. But vaporizers - the good ones - are usually quite expensive. But I managed to find a reasonably priced one on Ebay and I have been saving a lot of money with it since. It cost £35 :)

5. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    My latest deal was getting two bottles of Xtra laundry detergent, a pack of gum, q-tips, shampoo, cereal and ginger ale for $.15 at CVS. I had coupons for each item, a 20% off CVS coupon and used a $5 gift card to pay for everything. After all of the wheeling and dealing I only paid $.15. What a deal.

6. morgoodie

morgoodieActive Member

Threads:
    The best deal I got recently was from Rite Aid. They had Dove products on sale while offering Plenti points on top of the sale price. Dove shampoo was on sale 2/$6 with 300 Plenti points awarded on the purchase of 2. I had a $3 coupon on Saving Star. So the shampoo was free. The best deal I have found in a while and it felt great.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best deal I've gotten recently was at the clearance bin at Walmart. Walmart had a bunch of winter items in their clearance bin for $1. So I paid $1 each for fleece jackets and warm fleece pajamas. Those items might not be useful in spring but when it gets cold again , those jackets will come in handy.

8. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    The best deal I've gotten recently was an entire carrier bag of bananas for £0.05. I couldn't believe they were selling them so cheaply! I must've got 25 bananas! That's 5 for 1p! I turned some into popsicles, some into banana bread and used the rest to snack on as I usually do. It was a great bargain and makes me want to make the effort to go to the shop at that time again more often in the hope of getting more!

9. gata montes

gata montesActive Member

Threads:
    I sure have and not only am I still in shock - in a good way I might add - as its extremely rare to get a discount of any kind where I live - but as I was expecting to have to pay quite a large amount for a kitchen tap that desperately needed replacing yesterday - after discovering that parts for it were no longer available - and also thought that I would probably have to settle for a rather bland modern looking tap - immensely chuffed too - as apart from managing to get the tap that I liked - knocked down to way, way less than half price - as it just happens to be an antique style - that fits just perfectly with my kitchen decor - it turned out to be a win, win situation all round for me.