What's the Best Hotel and Flight Deal Website?

Discussion in Travel started by nwitt • Mar 24, 2014.

1. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    Okay, so we can all name several travel deal websites. We see commercials on TV or see ads online. What is the best one? I hear different people say different things! I want to make sure that I'm able to get the best deal for my next trip. I usually am looking for hotel deals, but sometimes I also look for a great flight deal. Also, is it better to do all inclusive? Thanks for your help!

2. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    This, to me, fully depends on your needs.

If you need something for several days and want to book weeks in advance, you are probably going to do okay using Travelocity (my first go-to for flight prices), but you can very often find the best deal on individual airlines (and hotel) websites themselves.

If your plans aren't set in stone, my favorite thing for hotels is Priceline's "name your price" button.

I've stayed in a 3 star Mariott Residence Inn (3 stars is like full restaurant instead of continental breakfast) for $27 a night, for 4 nights in a row. It was so awesome. But we had to book each night the morning of. It was an off season, it was the only 3 star hotel in the area, and we knew it was empty, so when we put in our price we knew exactly what we were getting.

If you are in a more crowded area, it is hard to know exactly where you'll be staying, and it is impossible to guarantee more than one night in a row at the same place.

3. micah13

micah13Member

Threads:
    I'm going to put in a vote for Travelzoo. They often have better deals than I can find elsewhere online. You'll want to search early, as Claire said, so may I reinforce that suggestion? You'll get a much better price.

4. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I personally really love hotels.com to book a hotel, and I like Expedia to find flights. After I find a flight, I prefer to go into the official airline website and book from there, as on the official website there is usually no extra fees. But Expedia is great to check which airline has the best prices for what you are looking for.
    I also love going to Tripadvisor to find reviews and photos on hotels, the reviews are usually detailed and there you can find both official hotel photos and pictures taken by regular people. You can tell the difference between them!

5. kasi

kasiActive Member

Threads:
    Crystal travel helping you for the flights and hotels and i think its good for the helping and easiest way to introduce the travel rate with in low budget.if you need review in hotels then visit TripAdvisor there is many hotel reviews.