Whats the best iPhone case?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Cyclone3616 • Oct 16, 2012.

1. Cyclone3616

Cyclone3616Member

Threads:
    I was just curious, because I got a new iPhone, what's the best case/brands to get? Should I get a really heavy duty one? I'm looking for something stylish too.

2. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I am going to be getting an iPhone within the next week, and have been doing a lot of research on the best iPhone case. I am going to get one of the rubber cases. Everyone has their own opinion. Some people like leather, others like rubber, others like plastic. I wouldn't go with the plastic, just because if you drop it, it is likely to crack. I like the rubber because they are usually more sleek. I have had these similar cases before and they have worked great. The only thing I would suggest is to get a screen protector over it to avoid scratches on the screen. They have some pretty cheap screen protectors on eBay! Good luck! :)

3. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    You really should get a heavy duty case because I got an Iphone and I cracked my phone screen within like the first couple weeks of having it. I was so mad, Apple really needs to make the Iphone with better quality material.

4. Kam147

Kam147Member

Threads:
    Chances are you are now the owner of a phone that cost around $500, so I would definitely shell out $50-$60 for a heavy-duty case. The one I have is made by a company called Ballistic, and I love it. My wife and most of my friends have cases called Otter Box - also a good product, but I like mine better:) Both are in the $50-$60 dollar range and worth every penny.

5. untitled

untitledMember

Threads:
    Otterbox. No Question.

272418-otterbox-iphone-4s-defender-series-case.

6. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I get these from Amazon. It was only $2.06 including shipping and they come in all kids of colors. The quality is great and I love it.

41b8McniuDL._SL500_AA300_.
    41tc3kRio0L._AA300_.

7. tommymac

tommymacActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, you need to go with Otterbox if you're going to be dropping your phone a lot. Otherwise, you can go with the plastic thingy that the poster above me recommends, but you'll only get one drop out of that before you have to replace it.

8. razelia

razeliaActive Member

Threads:
    If you're looking for something stylish, I'd recommend the ones made by various artists over at RedBubble.com. They have a HUGE variety of different types of iPhone cases, all made by individual, budding artists. There are some really good ones there.

9. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    OtterBox or Speck. These are the strongest and they are available in many different styles. You can find them on amazon for a discounted price

10. Jatelo2

Jatelo2Active Member

Threads:

I think I'll vote for this case.It looks artistic and smart. How much is this and please don't tell me that its price can buy another phone? :)

11. jleadbet

jleadbetActive Member

Threads:
    I've had an iPhone for a year and had it in an Otterbox since I got in. I've dropped it numerous times, and my kids have gotten ahold of my phone plenty of times. The case works great. There's been no trouble with the phone at all. The only thing is the case is bulky. If you got an iPhone because its thin, it won't be once you put it in this case.

12. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    I have also tried the Otterbox. It was like $40. Like an above poster mentioned it is bulky. Mine started falling apart after a month or so. That rubbery piece never fit in it right. I don't think its worth the money at all.

13. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You don't need to spend a lot of money on an iPhone case, you can buy a decent one for around 10 dollars. I have a blue rubber case which cost the equivalent of 15 dollars. The case protects my iPhone and the blue looks cool too.

14. sunny0012

sunny0012New Member

Threads:
    Best Apple iPhone 4S covers and cases don't have to cost an arm and a leg, ... Click through to the link below to see what they uncovered.

15. edvisual

edvisualBanned

Threads:
    I'm really into rubber cases. They're actually quite good especially if you tend to put your phone on the table too often.

16. mareebaybay

mareebaybayActive Member

Threads:
    Otterbox cases are usually the best brand of case, but I can easily last with a cheap knockoff. I never really purchased an expensive case, because it's pointless. You can usually get a decent case on Amazon or eBay easily. Although if I did want to purchase a case it would have to be the case that charges your phone. There is this phone case that actually charges your iPhone for you when you hit a switch. That is definently a case worth buying.

17. SophiaLazar

SophiaLazarMember

Threads:
    HI there. I love the otter, box, for drop protection. Although, if you want something with just the backer, its called a snap case, then you want to put the install shield high tech plastic cover, because this is the only shield that reduces glare in the sun so you can see your pone outside. I also think that while the otter box is great for drops, it is water resistant, but if you drop it in the sink, it will die, because the otter box has a hole in the top.
    The LIFE PROOF case is the only plunge proof case.
    There is a really cool kind of case if you want to take your Iphone on a boat for music purposes, called the pelican and actually you can pelicans for almost anything, but the Ipod and Iphone pelican have a special gasket seal that lets the auxiliary cable out to go to the Jambox, or etc.. so for the pool the boat, the snowboarding, etc, a pelican can be the most ideal. pelican 36.86.pelican 35. both of these pelicans are only about 35 bucks!

18. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't think the brand really matters when it comes down to it you want to get a case that has style but that will protect your phone as well. I got my iphone case off of amazon it's stylish and it protects my phone so I would look into amazon or ebay.

19. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    I had the Otter box, it is very hardy. It is also kind of stylish. I want to get one of those new gold Iphones but its a shame I have to cover it up to protect it.

20. Shana

ShanaMember

Threads:
    Otter box cases are the best protection for a case for any phone by far! Like most everyone else said they are extremely durable and great protection for your phone! They tend to be more expensive then some of the other cases, but are completely worth the extra money!

If all your looking for however is style I like the speck cases a lot for that. Speck cases are pretty durable as well but nothing compared to the Otter boxes. The Speck cases are much more stylish however and a bit cheaper then the Otter boxes.