What's the best online payment method besides paypal?

Discussion in Payment Methods started by kunalkothari • Aug 10, 2012.

1. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    I've used Paypal and I haven't had any problems with them. You need to authorize any payment which you have made through them, and you can file a dispute, and get a refund. I've heard of Google Checkout but I haven't used that one before. I was thinking of joining Payza, but many websites don't accept payments using Payza. So, I will just have to stick with Paypal for now.

2. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    I have never heard of Escrow before. I know that Paypal would not be a suitable option to use when making large payments because of the security issues, so I will try to find out as much as I can about this payment processor.

3. bonniea

bonnieaMember

Threads:
    Most everyone I have worked with uses Paypal. It will take some strong marketing campaigns to get companies to use something else. This gives Paypal the edge and they can charge more for their services. I am interested to see how Google markets their pay services. It is good to have competition. It brings the price of services down.

4. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    I've used Paypal for going on 5 years now and am quite happy with their service. Whenever I have a dispute they update me daily and that helps manage my stress about the situation. I've made several disputes including a fraudulent Facebook credit purchase and all resolutions have been good so far. I would be willing to try a new service but when it comes to online purchases Paypal is what most sites recognize.

5. fermlour

fermlourNew Member

Threads:
    I just use the paypal and I think it is the best of all, do not pay any fees when you deposit money or when I lift to my bank, the payments are super fast and almost all sites allow paypal to buy!

6. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite way to pay would have to be PayPal.
    I love paypal from the moment I used it and for many years now I haven't had any problems.
    PayPal is very straight forward and I surely won't be switching to another service anytime soon.

7. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    I think almost everybody would agree if I say that Paypal is the best and safest e-wallet available nowadays. Although there are other alternatives that offer safer ways in paying for your online purchases, nothing beats Paypal when it comes to convenience. Plus, it already has an established name. :)

8. RotBaron

RotBaronNew Member

Threads:
    I appreciate the ease of use of google checkout so I often stick to using it when possible. I don't have a whole lot of issues with paypal but I don't ever use it when I'm buying a product from an online store. Purchasing used items from Ebay is about the only time my paypal account sees use.

9. SpiralArchitect

SpiralArchitectActive Member

Threads:
    You do realise that pretty much everything you've mentioned is not only inferior to paypal but also less secure. Moreover, hardly anyone uses them nowadays, so that leaves very little point in using something like trialpay.

#29Oct 24, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: Nov 24, 2015
  10. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I think any of the others are going to have to come up with something unique to challenge paypal. Since it's free to send money to family and friends, I established it initially for that purpose. I then tried it for my business and everyone seems to know it, trust it and use it. The rates for business use are competitive with a credit card machine, but you don't need the machine and now they have a smart phone card reader. I think the only thing that will compete is google, but I would have to compare all the features.

Also paypal let's you access the account through a Mastercard (and even Coinstar) and they offer cash back on card purchases. I love it.

11. kevinsmith

kevinsmithNew Member

Threads:
    I was searching for this in Google and found out Skill is one of the best paypal alternative for business owners. I haven't tried it yet but some of my friends are recommending this to me.

12. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are some other Paypal alternatives which you could take a look at.

Amazon Payments for example is very much like Paypal and can be trusted because heck, who doesn't trust Amazon?

Others which, rumors have it can great Paypal alternatives but which I can't vouch for since I've never used them are the following:

Dwolla
    Propay
    Wepay

13. tiffaninichole

tiffaninicholeMember

Threads:
    Wait, you mean there are payments OTHER than PayPal? LOL. No, but really, PayPal is all I need. I don't really trust any other payment processing because they may not be as secure as PayPal. With PP, I feel 100% secure in knowing that my money is protected. The only time I don't use PayPal is when I'm buying an app from the PlayStore and am forced to use Google Checkout.