What's the best soap for dry and sensitive skin?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by almari_011 • Nov 6, 2012.

1. almari_011

almari_011Member

Threads:
    So my skin is dry and flaky. :( I'm on a hunt on a good soap product that can help moisturize it. :) Any help will be much appreciated. :)

2. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    Have you tried Dove? They make one called Beauty Bar that is really good at moisturizing your skin. The other nice thing is that it is very affordable compared to other types of moisturizing soaps. You can get it in bar form or as a body wash. I have only used the bar type but have been very happy with it.

3. BigBigFan

BigBigFanMember

Threads:
    Soap is meant to clean your skin and help exfoliate it as you wash away dirt. Moisturizers add various amounts of oil products to the soap and, in my opinion, these two actions work against one another. You'll end up with a really good cleaning but little oil to moisturize or really soft skin that isn't as clean as it could be due to dirt trapped under oils.

The solution: Get the best cleaning soap and lotion up with stronger moisturizing creams afterwards, and make sure to pat your skin dry in between for best results.

Just my two cents :)

4. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I've found dove and caress to be good for sensitive skin. There also some body washes for sensitive skin or dry skin that you could use.

5. bellahpereira

bellahpereiraMember

Threads:
    I completely agree with the Dove idea. It always makes my skin nice and soft. I have issues with soap because if I use the wrong brand it leaves my skin feeling really rough and that's not something any girl wants :p Dove is the only one that I've used to far that actually does leave your skin soft - if you add some cream after your shower (just a light layer) and it'll leave your skin feeling really smooth and it'll take away the dryness.

6. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    One soap that is very good for sensitive skin is Aveeno and it's also non drying. Another one that is my personal favorite is by Palmers. It is very moisturizing and leaves my skin amazingly soft with no redness or breakouts. It's very good for the skin and helps clear up old blemishes and other discolorations. Another bonus is no heavy perfumes.

7. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfateMember

Threads:
    I can speak on first hand experience that Suave's soap brand are good for skin like yours. I know that because I have skin like yours and I use it.

In fact, the soap is so potent that I usually don't have to put on any lotion afterward

8. Asuna

AsunaActive Member

Threads:
    I think Dove is the best. I have very sensitive skin and Dove is just great. I guess Nivea is fine too but "ve just started using it. So far, I don't have any allergies. You may also try a glicerin soap. I bought it in my local pharmacy a while ago and it's very delicate for my skin.

9. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I have a dry skin and after I reached forty my skin is super dry. I have tried dove, nivea and glycerin soaps and end up with a drier skin than before. The weather here does not help either. Now I have resorted to using a mild face wash from Avon and use oatmeal and milk with a bit of baking soda to scrub my body. This has worked well for me. I just wanted to to share it with you.

10. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best soap for dry skin is no soap at all. I used to have dry skin issues, I had patches of dry and itchy skin on my upper arms, it was very irritating. The dry skin patches have completely disappeared since I stopped using soap. Hot water is another to clean your body.

11. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I just Ivory bar soap for my piercings because my piercer told me that it has the least amount of irritants. I was getting flaky skin around my ear and this cleared it up in days. I think the less ingredients the better because it just dries out your skin. Dove is also good if you need something moisturizing.

12. sdjaxson

sdjaxsonActive Member

Threads:
    My departed mother used to use Ivory. She used it her whole life. Now when I smell Ivory I think of mom. It truly is a great soap.

13. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I have had the same problem as well. I have tried soaps like Dove, Caress and Ivory, but they really didn't help, in fact, believe it or not Ivory actually irritated my skin more. What I found that worked, was Baby wash. This is a gentle way to clean your skin and won't irritate it. Something else you might want to use to help get over the dry skin is a skin cream, not a lotion, a cream works better to combat dry flaky skin.

14. edvisual

edvisualBanned

Threads:
    I will always choose Dove, because in my opinion it's the best soap for dry and sensitive skin. Also, above that.. it makes your skin softer

15. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    There's not really a specific kind of thing but I would go with Dove. It has helped me a lot.

16. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    Everyone's skin is different, so what works for one person may not work for you. You should try oatmeal and olive oil soaps that are free of perfumes and other potential irritants like the Kiss My Face products or maybe even Aveeno. Look for soaps that aren't cheaply mass produced that are gentle on the skin.

17. FirstBaby2011

FirstBaby2011Active Member

Threads:
    Dr. Bronner's Baby Mild castile soap has helped me tremendously especially during these dry winter months. Cetaphil, or the generic version thereof, is also very gentle on my skin.

18. jane211

jane211Member

Threads:
    You could try using baby soap. It is often much cheaper and the ingredients are usually gentler on your skin. I have sensitive skin and I am prone to dry red patches on my skin and I find baby soap helps.

You could also try Dove as some of the others have suggested. Dove has added moisturiser so doesn't strip your skin like some other soaps can. You could also look for other soaps with added moisturiser.

Another tip is to add your moisturiser while your skin is still damp as it is better absorbed that way and makes your skin less dry.

19. Anna T

Anna TMember

Threads:
    Honestly, I recommend the handmade/homemade soaps over anything commercial. Not to say that I don't personally use commercial soaps because often I do since the handmade stuff is so expensive. But as far as being gentle on your skin, I have had great luck with the made from scratch stuff. Seems to be more moist overall and doesn't irritate my skin and make it dry.

20. iluvmario

iluvmarioActive Member

Threads:
    I like Oil Of Olay. It contains 70% moisturizers and its not harsh at all. You can also get any kind if body wash and add olive or castor oil. Hope that helps! Happy holidays.