What's the best soap for dry and sensitive skin?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by almari_011 • Nov 6, 2012.

1. sinayat3

sinayat3New Member

Threads:
    I have the same problem with my skin. It's very sensitive and dry and breaks out if I use the wrong product so I usually have a hard time finding something that works. After I had my first kid, he ended up having sensitive skin too so his doctor recommended that we just use nothing but the original Dove bar soap on him. We tried it and it worked really well for him so I thought if it's sensitive enough to use for a baby, then maybe it wouldn't irritate my skin as well. I've only been using Dove bar soap ever since and it's really helped make my skin way better and I've never had a bad reaction to it.

2. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with the usage of some kind of olive oil soap. A rich cocoa butter soap should work too. Of course there are many different varieties of olive oil and cocoa butter soaps, so when you are out shopping you will undoubtedly see a few.

Also, a "milk" soap should help your skin as well. It worked for me. Google goat's milk soap:) Of course, you know it might take you awhile to find a brand you like, but you might find a brand you like on your first try.

Clinique might have something you would like as well.

Rainbath by Neutrogena is something you might like too.

3. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    I recommend Clearly Natural Aloe Vera, it's great for sensitive skin. It's a bar soap but I always get it for less than a dollar and I love it. Simple and effective.

4. crossunitedfate

crossunitedfateMember

Threads:
    I've personally had to use Lubriderm's soap for this. The way they made their soap is it has lotion mixed in with the normal soap so it's like you don't even need lotion once you're done with your shower.

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My skin is dry and very uncomfortable during the winter months. I have been using Oil of Olay anti aging body wash. It does seem to be a little less drying than most other soaps. Dove is good also for dry skin.

6. gabechan

gabechanNew Member

Threads:
    I have tried all kinds of soaps. I used Lever with aloe and vaseline for a long time and that was okay, but generally they all just dry my skin out to the point that it is flaking off and I need to moisturize to counter the effects.

I recently stumbled across Aleppo Soap though, it's made with only 3 ingredients including water so its very gentle and all natural and my skin is in perfect balance! Not dry and not oily the soap feels so nice, not like its stripping away all my natural oils.

This is the first I tried so far, from Beropa Co.

, and wow it is just amazing.

Also the blocks are pretty huge, it has lasted me a long long time :)

7. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    I have sensitive skin but not necessarily dry skin so I have been using dove soap. I think that is the perfect soap for people who have skin types such as this. Not only do they have moisturizing soaps but they have a variety of soaps that one can chose from. I have tried every soap on the market and this one seems to work the best. It doesn't leave your skin dry after a hot shower, it leaves your skin feeling soft--t amazing.

8. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Oatmeal and olive oil would moisturise and exfoliate the skin without damaging the skin or the body. I've never tried this combination personally but I think it's a great idea. Natural alternatives are always the better option for healthy skin.

9. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    If I am not mistaken Gold Bond makes a soap. They are the Cadillac of dry skin solutions so I would imagine their soap is great for dry skin as well. Have you considered trying a mild organic soap and a very intense mosturizer like jergens? This might help too

10. WitchyPop

WitchyPopMember

Threads:
    Not sure which country you live in but I can recommend a brand made in Australia called MooGoo. They make a range of products for sensitive skin and scalp and are reasonably priced. They have a website and you can order their stock online. Their shampoo is the only one that doesn't make me itchy and their body wash is lovely. They also have products for babies.

11. BargainPhoenix

BargainPhoenixMember

Threads:
    I love Nubian Heritage soaps. They are made with all natural products and they clean as well as moisturize your skin. They have a wide selection with ingredients that have different purposes. They have one with shea butter that is very moisturizing. My favorite soap from them is the carrot and pomegranate, it smells so nice. I also use another all natural soap by a brand called Madina. Their soaps are 100% vegetable based and the one I use is olive oil with aloe vera. Any soap with shea butter, olive oil or aloe vera is going to moisturize your skin while it cleanses.

But because soap isn't meant to stay on your skin all day you should look into products to use after your shower or bath. I recommend baby oil gel and/or 100% natural shea butter. Rub either one of those all over your body right after your bath before you put on your lotion and I guarantee you will no longer experience dry skin. Baby oil gel is great too because if you layer on a perfumed lotion right after it'll help the scent last on you longer.

12. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have used Cetaphil, Oilatum, Clean and Clear and Johnson & Johnson's soap, and they are all formulated for dry and sensitive skin. You might want to try one of those brands.

13. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I use Cetaphil for my face and they're great. As much as possible, try using the hypoallergenic ones. But I usually use body wash and facial wash with moisturizers and not soaps. Also, why not try using baby soaps? If it's good and safe for the babies, it should be good and safe for you too. Try a Johnson & Johnson's baby soaps or baby wash.

14. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I would recommend any product from Clinique.their face washes as well as soaps are made for sensitive skin and will not irritate and will moisturizer your skin with just the most effect amount. I recommend it highly. You won't be dissapointed with it. I have repurchased their products every time I run out.

15. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I like using Aveeno's soap bar in the winter when I have really dry skin. I usually use body wash because I find it less drying. I go for Dove and Nivea body washes because I just feel so moisturized and smell amazing. Shea butter soap is also really hydrating.

16. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    My skin is incredibly sensative and I do pretty well with plain old dove.

17. wolfpacklovin

wolfpacklovinNew Member

Threads:
    I love Dr. Bronner's soap; I add apricot, vitamin E oil, and aloe vera to it and it totally soothes my dry skin! You can also clean your face with it, but be careful around the eyes. Usually for my face, I'll just use plain water and a microfiber towel.

18. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    I use Nivea body wash and Dove beauty bar. They seem good to my dry skin, I also use moisturizing lotion after to keep it more soft and moistured.

19. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Your skin will become dependent on the moisturisers etc. Your skin is supposed to regulate itself via oil glands which mositurise and clean the skin. You don't actually need these products, they are artificial and they cause more harm than good.

20. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    Cetaphil cleansing bar was prescribed to me by my dermatologist. Its really gentle, doesn't dry your skin and wonder of wonders really does clean well. At first I thought it would not clean my skin well since that's usually what happens when you use gentle soaps it hardly cleans but this one does. Another soap I use now and again is Oil of Olay sensitive skin soap it is gentle and moisturizes better than Cetaphil in my experience.