What's the best soap for dry and sensitive skin?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by almari_011 • Nov 6, 2012.

1. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    A very good soap for dry and sensitive skin is Castille soap. Castille soap is made of olive oil and is very gentle on the skin. You can even wash your hair with it. I would highly recommend giving it a try...all the best with finding the right soap!

2. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    You could try making a natural exfoliant to cleanse the skin. There are lots of different ingredients to use. Oats and yoghurt is a popular one. The oats remove the dead skin cells and clean the pores, the yoghurt is soothing and binds the mixtures.

3. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I have sensitive dry skin too.. I just said in a thread what I did . I took my best soap.. a medicated soap and turned it into a nice mild liquid soap with lots of glycerin and coconut oil. This has helped my skin very much. I do not feel dry or itchy anymore.. I can even survive days when I forget to apply a body lotion..

4. copper

copperMember

Threads:
    I think dove will be appropriate for this purpose. Dove is not a soap it is a solid moisturizer face wash.

5. crystalclrs

crystalclrsNew Member

Threads:
    Oh well, I've tried Dove soap but found it too strong smelling and drying, nonetheless. I would have to agree with the post for Castile soap. For regular bath/shower use, I use Kirk's Castile Soap - it's made with coconut oil, with a very mild natural fragrance. It's the only soap that doesn't leave me with dry, soap residue afterwards. I buy a 3-bar pack for around $3 at Publix Supermarket. Not cheap, but not expensive either, especially if you have to buy moisturizers and such when buying other soaps. I use one bar for face and another for body. It's another option to try.

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The soap that I really love using is my Melaleuca soap . It is naturally softening for my skin, and yet cleans beautifully. It is expensive, and if I can't afford the Melaleuca soap, I usually get a glycerin bar, or use a moisturizing liquid soap. I like the liquid soap, because you never lose any of it, like you do with bar soap. I use a coconut oil lotion or Oil of Olea afterwards to keep my skin soft and smooth.

7. AmandaCarter

AmandaCarterNew Member

Threads:
    I have the same problem. I completely agree with the Dove idea. It always makes my skin nice and soft.

8. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use Dove soap and body wash. I didn't realize it was so popular. It was recommended to me by a dermatologist when I had a bout of itching skin.

My sister who has super sensitive skin used to use Ivory. It was the only thing she could tolerate. Now, I think she uses the Brommer's soap. The funny or strange this is, Brommer's soap irritates my skin something awful. Just looking at a bottle gives me the shivers.

9. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I agree totally with Nubian Heritage soaps. You can make your own soap, but if you don't want to go that far, I'd say Nubian Heritage is the closest thing you will get to an all natural, just-like-homemade bar of soap. I use the African Black soap which has done wonders for my skin issues and I promise you will feel the difference in how clean you feel after a shower.

I also agree that it's not the soap you want to look into when it comes to moisturizing, it's how you treat your skin afterwards and everyone is different so it will take trial and error. For instance, once I get out, I PAT my skin dry and lock in the moisture with a great moisturizer immediately after. And I can't stress enough, you HAVE to exfoliate. The best thing in the world you could do for yourself. And don't be fooled, you don't need anything special for that. The finer the better, don't go for big exfoliants. I like using brown sugar sometimes, but even that can be damaging. Baking soda is great for exfoliating too, you can't get much finer. For the face, I highly recommend looking into aha and bha products, some of the best exfoliants and anti-aging products on the market. Good luck!

10. almari_011

almari_011Member

Threads:
    Thanks for the replies guys but Dove isn't working enough for me. I still get patchy flaky skin. I guess my skin is really that dry and sensitive. I'm thinking of using Aveeno since I've heard so much good feedback about it. :)

11. Gussie

GussieMember

Threads:
    Two products to try: Oil of Olay Ultra Moisture Body Wash with Shea Butter. Only this variety! I have not found any of the other fragrance or varieties of their body wash to work nearly as well. This one is good enough to shave with.

An old favorite is goat milk soap. Handmade soap is real soap; most commercially made products are detergents. Goat milk soap is one of the gentle cleansers you can use. For the best products, check at your local farmer's market or shops that carry locally made products.

12. darelle4

darelle4Member

Threads:
    There is a soap that works very well from organo gold. It has some rare mushroom ingredients in it. It is called ganoderma soap. It removes spots quickly from your skin surface and it is very healthy to use.

13. btatro

btatroActive Member

Threads:
    My kids have incredibly dry skin, and we have gotten the best results with Aveeno products. They are a bit pricey, but the non-fragrance body wash is wonderful for them, along with their eczema cream.

14. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    You might wanna use Dove..as they say., it has milk in it so i guess that will act as a great moisturizer.,

15. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I didn't know milk was a moisturiser. As far as I know milk is water, sugar, fats and protein.

A better solution would be to opt for a natural soap with no artificial ingredients which rob the skin's ability to regulate itself.

16. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Don't trust labels so much :)

17. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I can agree for the value Dove is a good option. If you can locate it there is a soup that has olive oil and an exfoliant made by "Gilchrist and Somes". It is fantastic and I sent some to my brother who has problem skin and he loved it. I first found it in a hotel and then looked it up on line. It is not cheap but it is very good.

18. davidexct

davidexctNew Member

Threads:
    I would recommend the green variety of Dove soap for you, Dove is a very good soap for dry skin. You must test it for a day or two to check it with your skin and then finally get the best soap for your skin.

You may also use pears soap, it is a soap that has a lower price tag than Dove and has got appreciable quality.

19. stutin

stutinNew Member

Threads:
    I would like to go with Dove and it is one of those soaps that is universally sold. It is great for Dry and Flaky skin. My Daughter was suffering with dry skin and the moment we use this soap on her it has worked wonders.

20. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's weird, when I saw the the title of this thread, I thought of Dove soap too. It's rare that we all agree on a product, but if you have dry and sensitive skin Dove is very gentle and even has a moisturizing effect.
    Plus it's cheap and you can find it anywhere.