What's the best soap for dry and sensitive skin?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by almari_011 • Nov 6, 2012.

1. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    The best soaps for dry and sensitive skin are Aveeno Moisturizing Bar, Pangea Organics Bar Soap (Indian Lemongrass with Rosemary), Nature's Gate Moisturizing Liquid Soap, Burt's Bees Baby Bee Buttermilk Soap, Dove Sensitive Skin (Unscented Soap), Tom's of Maine Natural Moisturizing Body Bar, Beecology Handmade Pure and Natural Bar Soap, Mario Badescu A.H.A Botanical Body Soap, Badger Bar Soap (Unscented) and Dr. Bronner's Peppermint Castile Liquid Soap. All of these are very moisturizing and got great reviews from customers, and they're relatively inexpensive. Dr. Bronner's got the best review on totalbeauty.com for its low price range.

2. Steverd

SteverdMember

Threads:
    Get the green DOVE for sensitive skin. Everything bother's my wife's skin, she even has to use baby shampoo (oh don't her anyone I posted this).
    The only soap that doesn't make her itch and get a rash is this Dove. Walmart carries it at a good price also!

3. mccanono

mccanonoMember

Threads:
    I'm having the same problem. Also, my scalp is often dry so I would get this flaky dandruff. ;(

But I'll go ahead and try Dove (since it is the most recommended one) and see if it's any good. I'll update you all after a week or so of using Dove. :)

4. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    It's worth noting that dry skin on your scalp etc could be the result of a vitamin or mineral deficiency and it could be a sign of an inflammation problem. The majority of people have a vitamin or mineral deficiency, even people like myself who are very health-conscious. Potassium deficiency is known to cause dry skin.

5. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Dove is the best for moisturizing. This coming from a person that spends a lot on beauty and bath products! Lush has some great ones too, but they are more expensive. Did you try looking at The Body Shop? They have some good ones too, I specially love their bar soaps, but they also have good liquid ones! Kiehl's has good ones as well, but they are unscented, so it turns me off a little.
    Now for moisturizing soaps I would stay away from Victoria's Secret and B&BW. Those have great smelling soaps, but they are not moisturizing!

6. x0MandyLynn0x

x0MandyLynn0xNew Member

Threads:
    I've had my fair share with soaps, although Dove has always been kind to my skin. And does work pretty well for dry skin, that gives you a smooth feeling afterwards. I have a personal favorite, which isn't even Dove. The one I find to be the best is called, "Aveeno Moisturizing Bar". I just find it works even better than Dove for dry and sensitive skin. I always feel much more relieved after I get out of the shower, or bath. And had used that soap. I buy this soap at Walmart. It's where I find you get a pretty good deal price for it. Try it out!