What's the best water for you?

Discussion in Water started by jonateen • Sep 2, 2012.

1. jonateen

jonateenNew Member

Threads:
    I am tired of drinking tap water and thinking about drinking only bottled water, or any water that's clean, any suggestions?

2. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    Depends on where you are and what brands of bottled water are available in your city. Here, in the UK, we usually settle for Evian, Buxton and Volvic. You can even go for the cheaper store brands.

3. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I have a Brita filter jug, and I filter all my tap water. It tastes much nicer than straigh from the tap. For a change, I also keep in some sparkling water. I buy the store's cheapest brand, and keep a bottle in the fridge. It's very refreshing with a slice of lemon or lime.

4. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    Try Fiji water, it tastes way better than other cheap water that's hard to stomach. And it's much more cleaner than other waters. But it is very expensive though.

All of the bottled water is just water from the tap. Some like Fuji, is just more cleaner.

5. fishyfinz

fishyfinzMember

Threads:
    Tap water tastes a little weird to me so I prefer bottled water. You can filter water or simply just boil it and then refrigerate.

6. scottyxx

scottyxxExpert

Threads:
    I have a water filter built into my house, it is awesome. A nice glass of ice water is just delicious! Even if you try a britta filter it can make a large difference in the taste of the water.

7. SpYkz

SpYkzMember

Threads:
    Unless you stay in a place where the tap water is unclean I don't see much of a difference. I usually drink water straight from the tap. I agree with Sandra, filtering the water does give it a better taste. Filtering the water is also supposed to get rid of all the base metals and other stuff in tap water (not sure how true that is).

8. Cornholio

CornholioActive Member

Threads:
    Why would you destroy the environment if your tap water is potable? Every bottle you buy ends up killing mother Earth a little bit at a time. Why don't you get a filter if you are concerned instead of having tons and tons of bottles get thrown away every day?

Most areas treat the tap water to be at standards higher than bottle water goes so it seems like you are cutting off your nose to spite the face with this thinking.

9. Belindafierce

BelindafierceMember

Threads:
    I don't really have a preference when it comes to water, as long as it's filtered basically. I'm allergic to soda and most juices so water is my primary beverage. For on the go situations, I prefer bottled.

10. soulglazed

soulglazedMember

Threads:
    Statistically, I've gotten the vibe that Evian is the best water. I remember reading a whole break down of all of the various types of water and Evian came out on top. Personally, I love Fiji.

11. thenextGeek

thenextGeekActive Member

Threads:
    Here in my country we buy distilled water from stores. They deliver them by the gallons. It doesn't necessarily tastes great but it doesn't taste bad either. We don't use tap water around here since the pipelines may produce be home for bacteria that sometimes contaminates the water that comes out of the faucets. Its better to be safe than sorry right?

12. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    There is so much debate these days about what is the best water. I don't think filters do enough; I don't think buying bottled water is always safe. I especially don't think we can trust what any of the so-called experts say anymore, especially in light of all the issues around water these days on the commercial front. (Have you seen the film Blue Gold?) I mostly drink distilled water, based on a recommendation many years ago. Of course, the person who recommended that recently switched to purified water. Then, after seeing a few documentaries about what's going on with the world's water supply is now back to tap water. You basically have to find a water source you trust and go with that.

13. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I used to drink a lot of bottled water. Mostly, Aguafina and Danasi. Now, we have a water filter and I carry a big water bottle around with me.

14. alc89

alc89Active Member

Threads:
    I agree with many of the people on this post. I've basically stopped buying bottles of water and will drink filtered water. At work, we still use a bottle service, so I'll drink that. Jonateen, if you are tired of drinking tap water, you should definitely look into filters. If you cannot install a filter in your home, then you should get a Pur or Brita pitcher. When you fill up the pitcher, it gets filtered. That's what I use. Another thing to look for are water bottles with filters - if you are the type who likes to carry around bottles of water. This way, you can fill up your bottle ANYWHERE, even if the water is regular old tap. I know that Brita now offers water bottles with filters; Bobble is another company that does.

15. Esperahol

EsperaholActive Member

Threads:
    Buy a filter - bottle water doesn't have to meet basic standards and honestly tends to be filtered tap water. I mean Evian is just Naive spelled backwards. A filter will save you money, help the enviroment, and allow you to enjoy water that tends to be better then most sources of water in the world.

16. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    I personally love the Nestle water or the Arrowhead bottled water. I've always trusted both brands.

17. iRichard

iRichardMember

Threads:
    I also drink a lot of bottled water and I prefer Fiji water over all of the other bottles of water that I have drink.

18. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't bother with bottled water sold in plastic bottles because the water is tainted by BPA which leaches from the plastic. You should opt for glass bottles if you decide to buy bottled water. Another option is to buy a water filter or kettle.