What's the best way to restyle an out-of-date fashion piece?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by True2marie • Mar 29, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    We all have them - out of date clothing. For me, in order to save a buck, I try to find ways to restyle or recycle these items. Some times re-sewing the bottom of a pair of pants and turning them into straight leg or flair brings them back into fashion. OR, I just wait a while and the fashion piece becomes cool again. What do you do?

2. angelicagapit

angelicagapitActive Member

Threads:
    I semi-follow trends all the time. When I say 'semi-follow', I mean that I don't completely go along with a trend. I avoid buying trendy clothing because usually they get out-dated and I never wear them again. However, what I do to be able to wear outdated clothes is that I pair it with something that is currently trending. There are times where I alter clothes, but I'd rather pair it with something so I don't need to put my bad sewing skills to use.

3. Athenagdlyt

AthenagdlytActive Member

Threads:
    Styles of jeans and pants come and go; but shorts are timeless. The easiest way to restyle outdated pants is to cut them into shorts. Jeans can also be turned into a lady's handbag or shoulderbag. Jackets can be restyled into vests. A men's long sleeved shirt can be turned into an apron. Spaghetti straps can be sewn on a long skirt to turn it into a sundress. If the clothing is really old but it's still in good condition, just wear it as a vintage piece, matched with other modern garments.