What's the first thing you do when you're online?

Discussion in Computers, Electronics & Gadgets started by ozadin • Jun 8, 2013.

1. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    When I open my desktop, I usually go to my browser and go to reddit, and youtube. I also go on Ventrilo, and see if any of my friends are on. If they are, I would sometimes ask them to play some game. Usually, if they're not on, and noone is on Ventrilo, I would just go on Minecraft and build or play something. How about you guys?

2. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    Yeah, i also check what my subscriptions from youtube have uploaded recently and check some general news website.
    Don't have that much free time nowadays, so have to digest what i can from that time.

3. Soliloquy

SoliloquyMember

Threads:
    First I load my email, then I visit Metafilter or reddit. After that I usually check to see what's new on the various forums I frequent.

4. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I first check what's new in Facebook. I browse the new pictures that are uploaded, New status updates, new likes, etc. Then I check my email for important messages. Then I check yahoo sports for some updates when it comes to nba, boxing and tennis. Then I check IGN for new game releases. Then I try to finish my online gigs.

5. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    The first thing I do when I get online is to check my email account and then i will open up my RSS reader and check the sites I have listed there to see what is going on in the world.

6. difrancprod

difrancprodBanned

Threads:
    Open my email then my facebook. That has become a routine actually. Sometimes I already feel like a robot. I have got to find something to break that monotony.

7. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I check my email first, then facebook and all my subscriptions.

8. MakingCents

MakingCentsActive Member

Threads:
    facebook, checking facebook is ALWAYS what I do first. Then I typically get on all my message boards and do some posting, then hit the online earning sites.

9. ReishiSpore

ReishiSporeMember

Threads:
    I check my emails and notifications for other sites. I always check my YouTube inbox and to see if any new interesting videos have been uploaded from my subscribers.

10. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:

The first thing that I do when I get online is go to facebook to see if any of my family or friends are online and catch up with everybody. Then I am off to my yahoo mail to check my mail. After that I sometimes surf the net for awhile for new ideas on Homeschooling, and other things. Then the last thing I do is go play some games, this way I am in no hurry and can play as long as I like cause I have already done everything else!!;)

11. Ryder13

Ryder13Active Member

Threads:
    Generally, email, facebook and news sites. Also I sometimes check a weather
    forecast site. Pretty much seems like this is following the basic pattern.
    Ryder13

12. Mercy77

Mercy77Member

Threads:
    The first thing I do is go to my emails and see if I have any sales. Business before pleasure. LOL. After that I'll go to Skype and see if any of my family and friends are available so I can chat with them for a while and then it's back to business. I rarely have time to play a game. In the evening I will go into the forums.

13. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    The very first thing I do would have to be emails.
    I am always so anxious to see what emails I get whether its from my school or just my favorite websites or notifications from social media websites like Facebook.
    I also love to check my Instagram the moment I wake up for new pictures and comments.

14. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I'll usually check on my favorite forums first, such as this one, and browse around for interesting information and my browsing usually sprouts from there. Apart from that, I just cruise around Youtube for updates and new videos from my favorite channels. I also check some other interesting videos on other sites besides Youtube.

15. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The first thing I do online is check my emails for work, friends, newsletters and special offers from websites I follow. I then check out Twitter, I usually spend about 10-minutes scrolling through my timeline to see what is happening. I then go on eBay to see any developments in my watch/sell list.

16. maddie

maddieActive Member

Threads:
    I check my mail.. and look up my sites for traffic and then proceed to do the work planned for the day. I do watch a few youtube video later in the day if I am done with the work that was planned for. I don't play games or chat with friends on a daily basis.

17. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I hate to say this since I'm trying to not use it as much anymore, but I usually go straight to Facebook. After that I will hit up my Linkedin account to check the updates. From there I usually hop on my iGoogle page and check all my news sources. I've also been kind of getting hooked on GSN, but once you run out of tokens for the day you can't play any more games until the next day.

18. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    The first thing I always do when I go online is check my email. This is sort of a habit that I have gotten into since I first went online. Checking my email lets me know if there is anything out there that needs to be addressed, and gives me a chance to clean the email box out. The next thing I do is some online freelance work. After this I will then have a little fun, going to forums or the youtube to watch videos. But this is always done last after I have taken care of the other things I have to do online.

19. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I check the auction sites where I sell online, to see if I have any sales. Then I check the various rewards sites, paid-to-click sites and sites I do a little work on to try and make a little money.
    If I have time, I look at Youtube or Hulu.

20. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I usually check if I have any text messages on Google Voice and then hop on Facebook to write to my friends. Then I check my e-mail and hop on some of my job sites. I also like to do some fun things like play games and read the news.