What's The Greatest Surprise You've Ever Gotten/given?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by hellavu • Jan 26, 2015.

1. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    I dream of the day when someone will organize me a treasure hunt, lol. XD

I have a friend who surprised his boyfriend with a trip to Paris for their anniversary. Called the bf's job to get him a week off, paid the tickets and hid it, made sure the bf had a passport, just organized everything and when their anniversary rolled around, popped up with the knowledge that they would fly to Paris the day after!

It was so Hollywood romcom big that everyone of us were left starry eyes. The boyfriend had never travelled any place before. To this day, I'm still somehow surprised that I know people who go so crazy with gifts like this, but it's beautiful.

Do you know any "big romantic gestures" that happened around you?

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nope, the most romantic thing my ex ever did for me was buy me an Xbox and drive all over town looking for a game I wanted. And that was plenty romantic for me because I wanted an Xbox so badly that year.
    I don't like the kind of surprises that require work or action from me, so I wouldn't be happy about a surprise trip.

3. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The best gift that I have ever gotten was a surprise reunion with a friend of mine. I had met my best friend about six years prior, and had gone through a particularly insular bout of depression. During such a time, I cut everyone off, but never stopped talking about him. Well, for my 23rd birthday, my sister took me out for a meal, and after the meal told me that she had to pop to a friend's house real quick. So when we got to this friend's house, she knocked on the door, and out came Craig :) Best, most thoughtful, gift ever!!!!

4. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    My husband was living in New York at the time and came back to Michigan to surprise me and ask me to marry him. Everyone knew but me and my best friend. That would be the biggest romantic gesture. But one of the funnest surprises we got was when we were leaving our crew after a year of working in South Africa. We were invited to eat a meal at this couples house. When they opened the door they handed us a key and a telephone. It was a sort of, 'The Amazing Race' party. (that show was popular at the time but since this party I have heard of people who have perfected it.) We had to follow a bunch of clues and do a set of activities. (It reminded me of your surprise wish list). At the very end they had lined a pathway into a garden with candles. It was nighttime and we sat on blankets and drank wine and had snacks. It was one of those moments best described as magical. But that is how South Africans are, they can make everything beautiful if they put their mind to it. It must be from growing up with all those elephants and lions.