What's The Most Effective Fitness Equipment You've Ever Bought?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by brookie • Dec 29, 2013.

1. brookie

brookieNew Member

Threads:
    I know we buy a lot of fitness equipment, well I know I do. But from all those things you have bought, which item really did wonders for your body?
    I personally found my workout routine thrive after I bought a twist stepper. Basically it's a little step thing that twists and it feels like you are power walking. It has changed my life dramatically.

2. normanallison

normanallisonNew Member

Threads:
    I bought a bench-press, and i am thrilled with it.

3. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    Most effective would be an ab roller I bought. Amazing for working out the core, very tiring though. Just ten to fifteen minutes a day and you can have fantastic abs.

4. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    My best purchase was probably just a pair of dumbbells. Can do pretty much any exercise out there and its a whole lot more "natural" or a movement then doing weights with a barbell or anything else as you get a whole lot more flexible and sophisticated length of movement.

5. avasmom

avasmomMember

Threads:
    I have purchased a lot of different things - weights, bands, machines, but the only item that I still use is a balance board. I use it for at least 1/2 hour every day while watching tv. This is in addition to my regular exercise - I go walking every day.

It has helped my balance tremendously, even though I didn't really have a problem with it before getting the board. It also helps with ankle and knee strength, and develops the core. It does not take up much room. I hide mine under a chair in the family room.

6. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    The best thing I bought was a simple £20 set of dumbbells. I purchased a £5 set once but they were to light and I found no use for them after a few weeks. The £20 set will last me forever as far as I'm concerned, because I want to build muscle but don't want to become a bodybuilder as such. There are so many different exercises you can do with them that it makes them one of the most cost efficient pieces of exercise equipment you can buy.

7. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I was never one to get a bunch of gimmicky products you find on tv. I have had a treadmill, a bike, a walk simulator and a resistance band. The most useful by far was the good old treadmill, which is the most pleasant to do at home, in my opinion, and you can go at your own pace and do as much or little as you want.

8. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    The most effective fitness equipment I ever bought was just a yoga mat, haha. I do yoga 4-5 times a week because certain poses help to alleviate depression for a period of time. It is a natural alternative to medication. I also lie on my yoga mat to do crunches and other exercises to keep my tummy flat. I don't need any fancy equipment, all I need is my yoga mat and I'm happy. :)

9. 4justice

4justiceNew Member

Threads:
    The most effective piece of work out equipment that I've ever put my money into is the perfect push up. And yes, I mean it. I bought those "all in one" home gym pieces on two instances. The first time, it literally began to just fall apart. The second one is still here and I use it, but it's a pain to constantly have to move it. The perfect push up however has given me great results, is easy to store, and was dirt cheap.

10. dapapas

dapapasNew Member

Threads:
    Only thing i've ever bought was a bench press. I found that body weight is the cheapest resistance...
    I have a lot of resistance...:eek:

11. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    The only fitness equipment i bought was the dumbbells. But I do consider my bike a fitness equipment. Its very effective because I can reach the nearby places, I can go downtown while just riding a bike and I get to be fit . All I need really if to sometimes let out my sweat.

I'm planing to buy a stationary bike if only it will just cost a hundred.

12. jtucci21

jtucci21Member

Threads:
    I'm surprised no one has said a pull up bar yet! I have a dual use one that you can put on the floor and use as a push up platform. I use it for leg raises, pull ups, and push ups. The only thing I need now is a bar for squats!

13. freebiefan1

freebiefan1New Member

Threads:
    The most effective fitness equipment I ever bought was an exercise bike. I work out at least an hour a day and it's a great exercise for someone who's sitting at the computer all day long.

14. GottDeals

GottDealsNew Member

Threads:
    Hmm; one of the most intriguing things that I saw written about above was the balance board. I'll have to keep that one in mind for perhaps my next purchase. I myself was attracted to The Total Gym. I am still fascinated by the simple engineering "genius" of the thing. It makes SO much sense. Why in the world would you want to purchase additional weight to use as resistance when YOU are a weight. The Total Gym uses a couple of pulleys and ropes hitched up to a sliding plank that uses your own body weight 'as' the resistance. That's just beautiful.

15. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Agree with this here. Bought a set of weights and have found them to be easily be my most used piece of equipment. I never found use for a big expensive workout machine as I've felt the dumbbells and natural body weight exercises are better for me. Also, I can just use that sort of equipment at a gym.

16. eagle22

eagle22Active Member

Threads:
    A Punching bag! Seriously, I am able to get some of the best cardio workouts in using nothing but a punching bag and a jump rope. I know it might sound easy to just punch a bag but when you learn how to do everything properly it turns into one heck of a workout!

17. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    I have not bought a fitness equipment. I prefer to visit the gym and do my exercises there. I have been using the gym for a while and I prefer it there than buying the equipment.

18. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    I don't know if this would count as equipment, but for me it was the P90X program. I never believed a fitness DVD would ever be that effective, especially just working out at home. But I gave it a chance and now 5 years later, have not looked back. I am in the shape today because of that program. I am also glad it introduced me to yoga, as I feel that has saved my body from lots of aches and pains from my power lifting days.

19. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    Far and away for me it's been my jump rope/skipping rope. It's obviously a simple bit of equipment but I've had some of my best workouts using it. And it's incredibly portable as well so I've taken it away with me on holiday as well.

20. thatnewmommy

thatnewmommyActive Member

Threads:
    I had one o f those gazelle looking walking things (a gift), a stationary bike (another gift), resistance bands, and an ab roller. All went basically unused after a while because I got bored. I find them boring. My partner bought me a Dance Central game when it came out. LOVE IT. I have bought the sequels as they were released and I love them. I can get a nice sweat, get that heart pumping, and I dont get bored. I also bought a fitness one that had more cardio, stretches, kcikboxing, etc and I love it too. I cant afford to go to the gym and making one at home wasnt working so I stick to my fitness games.