What's the most pets you've ever had at once?

Discussion in Pets started by insertkittyface • Aug 19, 2014.

1. insertkittyface

insertkittyfaceActive Member

Threads:
    Personally, the most I've had at one time is 6 - A turtle, Guinea pig, two birds, a dog and a cat.

Did you have trouble taking care of them all? How long did you have them?

2. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think the most number of pets that we have had at once was 6, all cats. That was back in the mid 90's I think, when the lone stray female gave birth to a litter of kittens, and her kittens gave birth to their kittens. I was too young to remember how they were like, since my mom was the one that did the feeding. Nowadays, we only have 1 male cat.

3. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    When I was younger my family had 2 cats and 2 dogs at most, although I didn't really take care of any of them so I don't know how much trouble they really were. I imagine it was a handful though but I did enjoy playing with them all. After we moved we never got any pets again which I didn't notice much until recently when I've started to want one again, so I'm hoping to get a new place that allows it.

4. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    10 or 11 lol. We rescue animals a LOT. At this point, we don't go out of our way to find and save an animal, they just seem to find us and I can't turn them away. Newborn kittens in boxes at the side of the road, strays abandoning their sick babies, abused dogs. Oh.. and rats lol. We now have 5 left after numerous deaths in a short period (they all reached that age) and we won't be adding to the clan unless another falls into our laps. If I'm needed, there is no limit.

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am thinking 4. Growing up I had two rabbits and two dogs. The two rabbits were litter mates. The one dog stayed in the kitchen and I didn't pay attention to him as much and the other was my buddy. Funny thing is all 4 of these animals were boys.

6. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    We had the most number of pets at once when our cat gave birth to four adorable kittens. That makes all of them five in number. I never really had hard time taking care of them since most of them are very little and still dependent with their mommy cat. When they have already grown, we gave them to our neighbors and friends. We just can't adopt all of them. My mom would really get mad; she's not that fond with animals. Really sad though.

7. philipgust

philipgustMember

Threads:
    4 hamsters + a lot of fishes!

8. DesignerMum

DesignerMumActive Member

Threads:
    We had 20 doves and a couple of rabbits outside of the house and they were really entertaining. We didn't get to train them and I was too little to remember what had happened to the doves. I think they were sold for a fair price. :D We had so many pets back then that I think I even had the idea of starting a rabbit farm.

9. Shannon Parris

Shannon ParrisNew Member

Threads:
    My most I have been up to is 15. It gets hard when you have that many. 10 is a good number for me.

10. Mockingbird

MockingbirdActive Member

Threads:
    Actual real pets that do not include my outdoor adopted pets is at 6 right now. I have three torts, a turtle, a rabbit and a dog. I never felt like it was a huge amount as far as pets go, until I start to add up the cost of feed and lights. the torts can be expensive thru the winter months because it gets so cold here and they have to be kept warm.

As far as expense goes, rabbits cost more then dogs, this rabbit is an eating machine and also has the additional cost of hay and wood chip bedding. At least the dog keeps my feet warm and is happy with old clothes for a bed. I still like the bunny though, just don't think I would buy another one.

11. Aladar

AladarWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Two. I've only had a tortopise since I was little, but we got a cat 3 years ago as well. I don't think I want any more. Maybe another cat someday. :)

12. Onionman

OnionmanActive Member

Threads:
    It's only been two - any more than that and I would struggle. One was a black labrador called Prince, and the other was a budgerigar. Beyond that kind of number and I don't think I would be able to be too responsible.

13. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have always had a big pet family. So, at one stage I had 25 ducks, 17 hens, 2 roosters, a cat, a dog, and a python. Not to mention all the wildlife that came to visit, looking for snacks and easy food. I love to be surrounded by animals, and if there is enough space, why not? :)

14. Hybridlullaby

HybridlullabyNew Member

Threads:
    I have always loved animals. At one point, I was breeding and had three Netherland dwarf rabbits, three guinea pigs, two dogs, two cats, three hamsters, a gerbil, a ball python, bred mice for said ball python, two love birds, a cockatiel, and a small gold fish. Granted, we did have the money for and all animals were well taken care of. We still have a decent amount of pets, but we don't have nearly as many. As I grew up, I moved around a lot, and I was unable to take any of them with me except my cat.
    I do recommend shiba inu dogs as a pet. They are incredibly smart and very cuddly. They are a great first pet or even just an addition to your family.

15. MrsJones

MrsJonesActive Member

Threads:
    The most pets, all dogs, 12, 2 adults (male and female) 10 pups. Then minus 1 pup that didn't survive made 11 total. Loved every minute of my extended family. I was taking pictures all the time. The cost of food became expensive but I hung in there until they were 6 months old. I only kept one of the pups; found homes for four; and resolved to pay $40 for the animal shelter to take the other pups.

16. eagletal88

eagletal88Active Member

Threads:
    Just 2, when I was a kid. I had a hamster I named Rambo, because I felt he was always training on his running wheel and acting all macho. And I had a golden retriever/Labrador puppy. Even 2 pets took a lot of time, and this was when I had more free time as a kid. I can't imagine having anymore more than 2-3 pets at one time.

Now I just have a adopted dog that comes and goes when it is hungry.

17. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    I guess that technically right I have the most pets I ever had. I have have five cats and two dogs. The reason I said that it was technically because even though we have more or less adopted the cats, they still roam the neighborhood having started out as strays. As for my two dogs I would say they are more my brother's dogs then mine. I hardly spend any time with them, not as much as he does. Maybe when I was growing up we had many dogs at one time, because I do remember a few of our earlier female dogs having puppies, but I don't remember this too well or having the puppies for too long.

18. tipoywizard

tipoywizardActive Member

Threads:
    I have a lot of pets in my house. I have 2 dogs, a cat and large number of fish. I have carps, flowerhorn, goldfish and some small mollies. Having a lot of pet is not difficult to manage as long as you love them and dedication to be a responsible pet owner to them. I did have a trouble with my cat and my two dogs. They fight sometimes.

19. Sly14Cat

Sly14CatActive Member

Threads:
    Up until for a few months up until October, I had 4 newborn kittens, 2 cats, a dog and a 30 gallon (I believe) fish tank. It was a bit of a mess, but since cats aren't all too hard to take care of I didn't have much trouble taking care of them. I wasn't around long enough to see the kittens grow up, but I'm sure 6 cats in the same house gets really busy really fast.

20. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    Had at once? I think about 6 dogs, 1 pit bull with her 5 puppies. It was easy for me to take care of them. I loved those dogs. Wish I would have been able to keep them all, but I didn't have a yard big enough :(

I've had about 5 full grown pits, 6 puppies; 1 shepherd; 2 half-shepherd, half pit; rabbits, birds, and fish, but not all at one time.