What's the most you'd pay for a mobile app?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Dude • Apr 1, 2012.

1. Popatar

PopatarMember

Threads:
    I think the most I would pay is $2.99. There are some apps that I wouldn't be able to live without, but generally speaking I don't usually spend money on things like apps.

2. racechick79

racechick79Active Member

Threads:
    I would have to agree with most of the other posts. I would not pay more than a dollar or two. To me, you are already paying so much for the phone itself as well as the monthly service charges that it isn't worth it to pay so much for apps. And for the most part the apps are things that I could do without in my life. They are things that are nice to have, but not necessities and I can't see paying such a high price for something that I most likely wouldn't use very often!

3. AliDee

AliDeeMember

Threads:
    It really depends on the app. I honestly wouldn't pay any more than about $3 for an app because I'll only really use it a few times then get over it. I don't usually buy many apps.

4. Stitches

StitchesNew Member

Threads:
    I have yet to see an app that is actually worth something. Even those 99 cent ones I feel its just a ripoff when we live in a world were we have free music, movies, software, games e.t.c. And they want money for a Sudoku game. Having said that though, my phone is jail-broken so price is irrelevant! :eek:

5. MegaZx

MegaZxNew Member

Threads:
    In the iTune store there is an app called CrazyRemote, it allows you to access your laptop from anywhere with WiFi/data, but sadly it is $10 so I wouldn't buy it unless I happen to come into some free iTunes money. Very useful app and better if you have unlimited data, because that way you can just do everything from your laptop. I just have the jailbreak version of the app but I'm still uncertain of purchasing it. I personally wouldn't pay for any app unless it seems extremely useful or if I get paid to purchase and review the apps like some of the apps that I got paid for in the past.

6. kingusama92

kingusama92Active Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't pay anything over $2. Even for the $2 application, it would have to be one with tons of rave reviews.

I don't see the point in forking over $10+ for applications, it seems like a complete waste. Most of the applications we download these days have very short life spans. Our interest in the app usually wanes in a matter of moments.

There are only a select few apps that still hold my attention despite being on my device for a lengthy period of time. Those applications include Angry Bird, Temple Run and Fruit Ninja. All three are games and one of them came for free!

Money is hard to earn, I can't imagine forking over a big amount for an app!

7. hanzuke50

hanzuke50Member

Threads:
    I've spent a few bucks on an app, but most of the time, I'll come to regret it as I mostly get the cheap games. xD The iWork suite seems really nice on the iPad though, I can see it being justified on how well it's been developed. Has anyone heard of the most expensive app on the AppStore? I hear it's this app that does absolutely nothing and is meant just to show to the world your rich, pretentious, douchebaggery. xD

8. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    $20 for something gamechanging like iWork for iPad — it's really hard to justify a higher pricepoint for a mobile app.

9. Moneysaver93

Moneysaver93Member

Threads:
    The most I have ever paid for a app was $15.00 for a version of an offline product that was less expensive then the offline item. However, that said, I can't see myself doing that again. I usually get mostly free apps, but if there is something that I really would like to have, then I believe the biggest amount I would spend would be less than $2.00.

10. Zamora91

Zamora91Member

Threads:
    The most I'd pay is $.99. Anything more, and it is not worth it unless it's something I might really really really need.

11. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    It would depend on the app and what I needed it for. I bought MobileNoter for $7.99 as it would give me access to my OneNote files through Dropbox. I haven't regretted that purchase at all. I have some apps that are worth $14.99, but fortunately, I got them through Amazon's App of the Day, so they were free for me. But, if I needed an office suite to work on the go, I'd probably go ahead and buy one.

12. ValerieAnne

ValerieAnneMember

Threads:
    I agree with the crazy prices some of the items on the Android market. Sure a few of those look pretty cool, but I don't really think they would be worth that price. The highest I would be willing to pay for an application is, $5. I may go up to $10 if it's an exceptional application, without any problems and developer that replied to messages, etc. The most I have ever spent on an application is (if I remember correctly) about $1. It was for a theme for my phone.

13. DontFan

DontFanMember

Threads:
    Have never paid for one !! :))) .. But maybe I could spend 10$ .. maybe ...

14. Mrs. Pirz

Mrs. PirzExpert

Threads:
    I usually only go as far a $1.00 although I do have an app that was $2.50 but I purchased it when I was getting consumer reports for baby items. I wanted to make sure everything I was purchasing was still following the safety laws and that many consumers were happy after testing it.

15. andrew320

andrew320Active Member

Threads:
    I don't really have the use for an app and therefore I haven't a total of $0 on one. I would not spend any amount for an app, unless it was absolutely crucial to my job, like a voice-to-text application, which would save me a ton of time and energy. I may be wrong, but I don't think anyone has invented such a product. If I'm wrong, please let me know ASAP!

16. G4rud4f7

G4rud4f7New Member

Threads:
    I usually buy alot of stuff on the android market, most of them are for customization, like themes widgets etc., The maximum amount I spent was around say 12$ or so. If my apps that I purchase are under 15$ I don't bother or hesitate to buy them.

17. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    LOL I have had my iPhone for over a year, and I have never bought an app yet. If it isn't free, I am not interested in it. Just seems like a waste to me. There hasn't been anything I have seen worth paying for.

18. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    Well, I belong to the group of freebie lovers out there and I am one of those who never pays for my mobile apps. I just don't see the point in paying for a game when you can download many other awesome games out there. All you need to do is to search a little and I'm sure there would be far better games available for nothing in the app stores! Alternatively, I also wait for periods where certain apps are made available for free and then I'll get them. I don't see why I can't just be using the trial version first while waiting for that awesome day the app becomes free! Just have patience and you'll usually reap more than you sow!

19. dreyz

dreyzMember

Threads:
    Nothing more than $10 for me. The most expensive app I've bought is Minecraft: Pocket Edition. It's a game based from a PC version of it.

I hardly do in-app purchases as I don't usually play games that are just created to suck your wallet. I either play free games, or full versions of very, very good games. I agree with the statements made that your interest in an app could only last for so long.

Putting games aside, most utility apps like Twitter, Youtube and Video Players that I use are all free, because there are good ones out there in the market. You don't have to fork in a single dime to have good quality.

20. neovlad

neovladMember

Threads:
    The most i would pay for an app would be like $5.00 but even there i think it is too much there is one app on the app store called iVip black and it goes for $1000.00 it's called the millionaires app.