What's the most you'd pay for a mobile app?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Dude • Apr 1, 2012.

1. Mama2three

Mama2threeMember

Threads:
    I paid $10 for a planbook app that I wanted because I was supposed to be able to plug in teaching standards, and later search lessons I entered by standards to see how many times I had taught it over a time period. That feature wasn't even available to me once I purchased the app, so I paid $10 for something other apps offered for free. I refused to purchase apps anymore, because I can usually easily find free versions of whatever I each for.

2. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    I have only paid 69 pence for an app, never ever went more than that. I always stick to my budget. I dont want to keep spending my money on them, for me its not really worth it.

3. mrsgeedee

mrsgeedeeActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like really paying for an app, unless I really need to. I just bought the app for learning how to drive and it costs me around £2-3. But I don't think I would pay for more than that.

4. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The most i will pay is two bucks maybe if i really need the app i don't see the point of paying for apps

5. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have never purchased an app. I only have a few apps on my phone, all of them were free. If I had to pay for an app it would probably be no more than $3.

6. missnc35

missnc35Member

Threads:
    The most I would pay for a mobile app is around $3-$6. I do not think it is worth any more than that. I see apps go for as much as $10 and I am baffled at how many people actually pay that much for an app. If I needed a specific app for business, then I would make the investment. Otherwise, I would not pay any more than $6.

7. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    It depends on the app and how much credit I have in my iTunes account from gift cards I've received as presents. Otherwise, I wouldn't spend my own money for an app no matter what the price. I still hunt for freebies, and so far I've been happy with them. The most I've spent on an app is $0.99. It was the free lite version of a game I obsessed over, and I just had to have the full paid version so I got it.

8. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I wouldn't pay no more than a dollar for an app. Most paid apps are just as bad as the free version. Some get stuck freeze more than the free version.

9. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    With tons of free apps when I see a price on one I usually steer clear of it. I do pay for upgrades though every now and then. I would never spend more than $10 on an app. With upgrades its usually just $2 to $7. The most I paid is around $10 for a game my son wanted so I gave in since it was his birthday.

10. emmy2points

emmy2pointsActive Member

Threads:
    You're right about some paid apps being as bad as their free versions or lite versions being better than the paid full ones. I've had some bad experiences with that. From now on most of the apps I have and search for are free, and I don't go further than that especially when I've read reviews from other users about how lousy the full paid versions are.

11. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    The most I would spend is 10 dollars. I could only justify paying this much for an app with one exception and that is if I will use it everyday. Theorist point of having expensive apps when you aren't going to use them so therefore if I truly wanted one then I would splurge this amount of money.

12. Danblu

DanbluMember

Threads:
    $5 for GTA for Android, that's the most I've spent so far on a single app. I know the game isn't new and they probably charge too much for such an old game but, I guess, nostalgia got the best of me. I don't think it's too much, maybe I would have spent it in some treat to eat that I really wouldn't need anyways. So far I don't regret the purchase although I could have gone without it!

13. APluckeyduck

APluckeyduckMember

Threads:
    Count me into the Cheapo Committee. I haven't found the need for an app that wasn't free, with the exception of voicemail to text app,I prefer to just read the voicemail instead of calling and entering passwords and then listening to the junk mail. I dropped the service after the free trial and refused to pay $2.99 for an app, even though I found the program valuable.

14. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    The phone was expensive enough and most of the apps that i need have free versions that i can use good enough for what it is. Even if i had to pay, i wouldn't pay more than 1$.

15. elvisish

elvisishNew Member

Threads:
    Usually I don't need to buy them as the free version has enough features but $4.50 is probably about the most I spent on an app if its really good and has great features.

16. DreekLass

DreekLassWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I will not purchase any mobile applications. I can usually get them for free if I look around on the internet for it? Lol. I just think that purchasing mobile applications is a waste of money. That's probably the wrong mindset, but that is how I feel. Because of that, I never purchase mobile apps.

17. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never get paid apps... there are so many great free ones out there. I think the only way I would pay for an app is if I really needed it and there was nothing else like it out there. Still, I don't think an app should cost more than $5 or $6.

18. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I paid for $5 for gems in game called Clash of Clans and that's it. I try to avoid paying for apps as much as possible. I was addicted to that game at that time and i couldn't help myself but it never happened again. lol :)