What's the most you've ever spent on a single app?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by troutski • Aug 10, 2014.

1. troutski

troutskiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've purchased 10 to 20 apps in my lifetime, and I've never spent more than $2.99. I don't really care if you've never purchased an app because I want to hear from the people who have. What's the most you've ever spent on a smartphone or tablet app? I know there are apps that cost as much as $9.99 on Google Play Store and the App store. If you've ever purchased one of the more expensive apps, then why did you do it? I have no doubt some of these apps are worth purchasing, but I hesitate like most people.

What are your experiences?

2. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    I don't usually buy apps either. In fact, I can only think of a couple they were $.99. The reason I even purchased those is because I'd already been using the free versions, really liked them, and wanted to eliminate the ads and increase the functionality of them. They were sort of an "upsell" item.

3. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Nothing! With so many free apps everywhere, I don't think it's wise to spend money on that. Also, usually there is a lite alternative or free for a limited time opportunity. For example, I have an app called App of the day where everyday a paid app is free. I never paid for any of my apps!

4. Navii

NaviiActive Member

Threads:
    0,00€ I have never spent anything on mobile apps and I don't plan on doing it anytime soon. Most apps either have a free trial version or there's at least a fake, that's mostly similar to the original app. I often consider buying apps, but after some research you can find an alternative most of the time.

5. obliviousme

obliviousmeActive Member

Threads:
    I've spent $6 at most for an iOS game app called minecraft. I just recently bought it actually, just a couple of weeks ago. I couldn't find any free version of the game in appstore and i want to play it badly on my phone so i had no choice but to spend money on it. I don't regret buying it though, the game is really epic and it's very addicting, although it's really a bummer to think that the game is free to download on Android phones. ;(

6. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    So far I bought a few with most of them at the 99 cents price point. The only time when I spent $4.99 was when I bought the PlayerXtreme Pro app. Regret after a while because of how buggy it is. No matter now since the damage is done. For games, I usually just look at the free games that are popular.

7. lindbergh

lindberghWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think I dished out $14 to purchase a Final Fantasy game on Android. That's probably the highest single purchase that I have made on an app/game.

The very first app that I have purchased is Virtua Tennis and it cost me I think 6 to 7 bucks.

And the most recent that I have purchased? It's a group of smileys from the messenger app Cubie. It's an in-app purchase of smileys which cost $1.99. I love supporting developers nowadays. They deserve it if they are able to produce great apps and games.

8. PhilA

PhilAMember

Threads:
    I have never spent more than $5 on an app itself, but I did once et involved in a competitive game and spent about $100 on ingame purchases over its lifetime. This is something I will never do again and I learned my lesson, there is no reason to do this, you don't get anything in the end.

I see too many people getting addicted and spending hundreds a month on some of these games and it makes me cringe.