What's The One Thing You Care About That Not Enough People Notice?

Discussion in Fashion & Apparel started by hellavu • Feb 23, 2015.

1. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    I mean, sometimes it's depressing how the many efforts we put into looking nice just go unnoticed day after day. However, the most common things probably do get some attention because, if we don't do them (like, cleaning up, to use an obvious example!), people will comment on the lack of 'the usual'.

But what are things that you pay extra attention to -- maybe for yourself, to look sharp, or to give a good impression -- that you wish more people would acknowledge/compliment?

2. hayrake

hayrakeActive Member

Threads:
    Other than making a conscious effort to try and stay in shape, I really don't do anything special. I mean besides normal daily grooming and just a little makeup. And when I go out I try to wear something a little nicer than I might wear at home, but other than that there really isn't anything.
    It's like you said, though. If I were to quit doing any of those, then suddenly, everyone would notice.

Incidentally, that's the way it is with normal housework, too. Nobody really notices all that you do until, for some reason, you fall a bit behind. Then it's, "Have you not been feeling well? I've noticed that you're not taking care of things like you used to."--even though you're only just a little behind.:)

3. lordrenly

lordrenlyActive Member

Threads:
    Shoes for me. People in my life can be categorized into two groups: shoes enthusiasts are constantly commenting on my shoes and the rest are people no never even once mention about my shoes. It is pretty amazing how my shoes will always go unnoticed 99 percent of the time, unless I am wearing shoes with ridiculous colors. It doesn't matter if I wear expensive shoes or Walmart's shoes, as long as the color is black, grey, or other plain colors, I am certain that people will not notice them.

4. hellavu

hellavuActive Member

Threads:
    Ah! You should probably enjoy spending time in Italy -- good shoes are a must and they WILL notice if it's just some cheap built boring black shoes.

5. MoneyMan

MoneyManMember

Threads:
    Not sure if lots of people notice this, but my footwear. I take lots of time choosing and buying footwear that matches my wardrobe. I believe that sneakers are the key to completing a good outfit. Also, socks that compliment these shoes are necessary to me.

6. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I say please and thank you a lot, and I patiently wait my turn in line.
    If I walk through a door first, I hold it open for the people directly behind me.
    I wouldn't let a door slam shut in someone's face if they are a step behind me.
    I feel like everyone should do these things as a matter of basic human decency, but they don't and I often see people cutting in line and being rude.
    Yet if I turned rude and bitchy one day, a lot of the people I interact with regularly would notice. It's kind of sad that politeness is so rare that people comment on me being polite. Manners should be normal.

7. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    There are several things; manners as ACSAPA says, because people think they can get away with things these days. The other is homelessness, it's an important issue and I hate how people treat them with disrespect when many are just minding their own business and sitting in a corner. I'm not talking about the ones begging for money, but those huddled on the floor.

8. Andrea Phillips

Andrea PhillipsActive Member

Threads:
    I like to splash on beautiful scents. They uplift my spirits and guard me in close quarters. With men and women all wearing scents, one particular one actually goes unnoticed. Yet, if we were to stop wearing them...

9. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    I think anything you do really should be to please yourself and make yourself feel good. If other people notice or not shouldn't really matter.

I'm sure they do stuff that you don't notice so it works both ways I think. I always like to dress smart and go to the gym at least 3 times a week. I do that though because I like designer clothes and because I want to stay healthy, not because i want to impress anybody.

10. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Ironed clothes? I make such a big deal out of ironing my clothes after wearing them, I hate it when they are all wrinkly. But sometimes I see people around wearing them without a care in the world and wonder if I worry too much! They will get a bit wrinkly throughout the day anyway, so should I be ironing them to exhaustion in the morning before going to work? Not sure, but it is something I really care about.

11. pwarbi

pwarbiActive Member

Threads:
    Politeness and good manners often get overlooked. Just simple things like saying please and thank you, can make a big difference.

Sadly its something that people don't really pay too much attention to these days unfortunately.

12. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't really do things most of the time that I would care about people noticing or not. In fact sometimes invisibility is a good thing so this isn't fashion related and it would probably be obvious but my desire for solutions. I'm not saying that people never give me advice but often times when I ask people for help on getting a job, they will say things like "keep trying" or "i've been in that situation before" as if to think that mere sympathy/empathy is enough to help me.

13. xTinx

xTinxWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I basically don't care whether people praise me or not because I wear nice clothes for my own pleasure and not for other people's praises. I know a look good without their help so their praises - or absence thereof - hardly matter. I've noticed, though, that they notice my eyeliner more than they notice my hair. They pay attention to my dress all the time, although I'd rather they leave me alone and live their lives without envy.

14. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    100% agreed. My attire on a normal day is usually some form of workout clothes during school and a sweatshirt, but I pay particularly close attention to shoes. I take pride in keeping my shoes (as I should with the money I spend on them,) and nobody really pays attention to them. The only place that DOES notice when I get a new pair is on the basketball court and someone notices my new basketball kicks.

15. kana_marie

kana_marieActive Member

Threads:
    Some days I put a lot of effort into my eye makeup. I don't wear any other make up so you would think it would be noticeable. Apparently, the only way I could get anyone to notice would be to wear my eyeliner ridiculously thick! I've learned a lot of tricks and have spent a lot of time perfecting certain looks. Yet, no one can tell... or at least don't say anything if they do.

16. lordrenly

lordrenlyActive Member

Threads:
    Yes, basketball shoes are pretty eye catching if you bought new ones and that's why people notice it. The same thing with my running shoes that had bright yellow colors, people instantly noticed them and commented on how bright they look. On the other hand, I never got commented on my day to day shoes except from shoes enthusiasts.

17. dyanmarie25

dyanmarie25Active Member

Threads:
    Probably people's teeth and their nails. I don't know why. They somehow give me an idea if this person has a good hygiene or not. :D

18. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    People compliment me, and I’m always grateful for it. I would never expect it, but it’s always lovely when someone appreciates my efforts.

That said, I have yet to encounter a fellow cosmetics junkie who knows, say, exactly what shade of lipstick or nail polish I’m using on a certain day. It’s probably pretty rare, though. I’m not all that great at identifying specific shades out in the wild either, but it would be awesome if someone could pinpoint what I've used. Or even better, mistake a product I’ve used for something higher-end.

19. katherine25

katherine25Member

Threads:
    For me its manners. When I hold a door open for someone and they walk through and they don't even look at me and say thank you it really ticks me off. I think kindness is overlooked a lot these days and people take others kindness for granted.

20. keytcee

keytceeMember

Threads:
    I appreciate it when people compliment me especially when they tell me I look good or if I'm blooming today. It would be really nice if people would notice something about my makeup, though. I always have makeup on when I'm out but I don't always put on a bright lip and it's rare that I wing my eyeliner and curl my eyelashes because I'm all for natural looking makeup. So when I do decide to be a bit bold with my makeup, I would really appreciate it if people would notice. It's fine if they don't but wouldn't it be nice if my effort is noticed even just once? It's one thing I really care about and people don't really notice it enough.