What's the worst food you have eaten?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by Scottie • Mar 21, 2014.

1. Scottie

ScottieMember

Threads:
    Mine has to be the food I bought at this new restaurant on the mall. The food was horrible! WORST!

What about you?

2. Peninha

PeninhaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've eaten my share of poor food, but one of the worst foods I've ever eaten was in my job cafeteria, they serve this "steak" and fries that come on, even a monkey could cook better than that! I never ate there after that, I even felt sick.

3. amynichole318

amynichole318Active Member

Threads:
    My own cooking. I am a terrible cook and my friend gave me a recipe for fried chicken and I thought I would give it a try. I fried up some legs and when I bit into it, it was still raw on the inside so she told me to bake it, which I did and it was very dry and the breading was falling off, so I thought I would fry it again for that crunchy part but I just burned the heck out of it. My house stunk so bad, it was terrible.

4. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    Probably certain school cafeteria foods, specifically the rice, bread, pizza, other things I don't remember. That stuff doesn't taste real. There were some better tasting meals though. I've never been to a restaurant that served bad food.

5. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The worst food I ever had was at an alleged health food restaurant. I ordered a veggie burger with a salad, and what they delivered was just disgusting. On my plate I found some oily brown gob with an ice cold salad that was at least three days old. I didn't even want to try the food, I could smell it was bad. I returned it and demanded my money back but they got very huffy. So I told them I will not press for a refund if they ate it in front of me. They refused and I got my money back.

6. apple1989

apple1989Member

Threads:
    Wasabi. I just couldn't eat that food, or sauce. Once in my early teens, I ate a spoonful wasabi sauce. None from my friends told me it was a wasabi, so I just ate a spoonful. It was a dare really, but I developed some kind of "trauma" from that food that I decided not to eat it again.

7. lizzief79

lizzief79Active Member

Threads:
    I am not a lover of offal in general. I think the worst of this has got to be tripe. This is the lining of a sheep's stomach. It is bleached white and often served with vinegar in the UK. It is vile.

8. FatesWing

FatesWingActive Member

Threads:
    I love love love Chinese food. Over the years I would see my mom religiously order cheese wontons. So one night I decided, okay I'll trade you an egg roll for a cheese wonton. I took one bite and at first was okay but then as I began to chew, everything from the taste to the texture was just super off to me. I couldn't stand it and to this day I will never try them again! Yuck! I'll stick to my egg rolls...

9. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    I've eaten to different restaurant from Chinese to Italian and surely I like most of them but there's just one side dish I've accidentally put inside my mouth lol. ITs from a Korean restaurant and the food seem inviting but after I chew it, its then I know its actually pickled unions.

Its the craziest taste I've ever experienced in my entire life.

10. daimashin

daimashinActive Member

Threads:
    I've eaten a lot of bad food in my lifetime and I can say that the worst food was at a Chinese restaurant. The dishes that I ordered tasted nothing like what they should be and smelled odd. It's not like the food is rotten but they just tasted awful. The chicken that I ordered was still raw when it came out, the waiter said it's because it was still frozen when they cooked it.

11. mistymi

mistymiActive Member

Threads:
    I don't like wasabi either. It's probably the strongest thing I ever tasted. I accidentally got some on my sushi or something but, I wouldn't call it exactly bad, just super powerful. Too bad most sushi comes with it and I have no choice but to waste it.

12. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    When I was living in the university campus they forced us to buy meals at the local cafeteria. Eating there was not expensive since we got a student discount, but boy was the food bad. They cooked lots of soup that was constantly missing ingredients and was nothing more than colored water. Yuck! The only good part of the whole meal was the dessert since they bought the cookies already made (thank god!).

13. GottDeals

GottDealsNew Member

Threads:
    That has got to be possum :) ... Yes that's right, the furry little creature that I have a hard time believing that people eat and like it. Just call me a victim of mass influence. I was eighteen or nineteen years old and was invited to be the "backup" for a singing group that I was trying to join. They were invited to perform at (get this) a possum festival.

Have any of you ever eaten a possum? That is some of the greasiest, nastiest stuff that I've ever put in my mouth. What are "they" doing having a festival in this little creature's honor?

14. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    A group of us went to an Middle Eastern restaurant to eat for lunch one day. I didn't know the foods on the menu and I didn't know all of the food was spicey. I love spinach so I ordered a creamed spinach plate of some sort. The food was so hot I threw up, it was hard for me to get air to breath, I still have nightmares about that day. I have not gone into a Middle Eastern restaurant since.

15. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When I lived in foster care, one of the house mothers used to make dishes like tripe and souse that are made of undesirable parts of animals. The seasoning didn't really cover up how chewy and weird looking the souse was.

16. mariee

marieeActive Member

Threads:
    One time my school cafeteria served like boiled chicken with skin and bones, alongside spaghetti with no sauce. I could only stomach one bite before wanting to throw up.

17. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've eaten some very cheap food at malls and food courts as well and although they weren't all that in edible, they were still pretty bad and you could definitely tell that they were cheap. I wouldn't call them the worst since I'm surer here still could be much worse quality food out there that I'm fortunate enough not to have to deal with, but on personal taste alone I'd have to say that some of the cheapest products like hotdogs and burgers are the worst I've tasted so far.

18. Kek

KekActive Member

Threads:
    I once decided to order a pizza with truffles. Worst decision of my life. The truffle sauce looked like bird droppings on the mozzarella cheese. I was sure it couldn't possibly taste as bad as it looked. Guess what, I was totally wrong! The truffles were just awful! The taste was horrific and I could barely manage to eat the whole pizza. From that day on, whenever I see a dish that has truffles on it, I advise everyone at the table not to try it.

Do you like truffles? Could you explain me the appeal, because I can't stand the taste of them.

19. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I'm unsure of whether you would really consider this a food but: Ketchup/Catsup

THE worst. France has the right idea. Now if only I could convince them it does not belong on fries either, I'll be all set.

20. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've eaten really bad food many times because my family was always experimenting with new fancy recipes. One time my old man had heard from friends [I think it was some kind of practical joke] that there was some kind of root vegetable which if cooked a certain way would be very tasty. I can't even remember what it was named because he couldn't pronounce the foreign name properly. What I remember though was the taste was so horrible that I couldn't keep that food down.