What's the worst gift you ever received?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by Kaybee517 • Nov 28, 2012.

1. Neelofar1334

Neelofar1334Active Member

Threads:
    The worst gift I've ever received would have to be these big, scratchy, itchy, fuzzy sweaters my father sent over from when he was overseas. Not only were they oversized and terribly wretched looking, they were also horribly uncomfortable. It's not that I wasn't grateful for getting a gift, it's just that the sweaters were of no use, and I think a good gift is one that can be put to use.

2. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I received a horrible plastic handbag at Christmas. It's not even in a style I like, and I only ever use leather bags. Inside was a hairbrush. I have issues with hair loss due to Lupus, and I only ever use a wide toothed comb, to minimise loss. The person who bought the gift knew all this, but it didn't affect the choice of gift. I can't even regift, because it's not the type of gift I'd give to anyone. It just screams 'tacky.'

3. ChanellG

ChanellGActive Member

Threads:
    I honestly don't know what the worst gift was that I received ever. I guess it's all a matter of perspective. Not everyone is a thoughtful gift giver, but anyone who takes the time to give you a gift is showing some kind of thoughtfulness so you should just appreciate that they thought enough of you to make the gesture. I have received gifts that were of no use to me, but I've just passed the items along to people who had use for them.

4. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    The worst gift I got was actually not the worst but the story behind it was just amusing and sad at the same time. I got a very nice luxurious gift from a higher end store to my friend who works with me and then 2 years later I received the same gift back from her. I assume she forgot I got it for her so i ended up never mentioning it to her ever again (haha).

5. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My ex used to buy me really skimpy stripper lingerie that was basically strings and bits of lace.
    I would have preferred a coffee maker or a nice toaster to those hooker clothes.

6. webshophoffbyhoff

webshophoffbyhoffNew Member

Threads:
    Worst gift would be a bar of soap, shampoo and deodorant packed together as a gift lol. Seem like telling you have to go take a bath.

7. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Well a friend gave me a pair of cheap earphones, and it broke in 2 months. Oh well, you get what you pay for.

8. dorothymoreno

dorothymorenoActive Member

Threads:
    I can't say it is a bad gift, but I get a lot of it and it is nice, but I tell them that they don't need to buy me gifts, but anyway, it is body and bath gift sets or popcorn cans, lol, no don't get me wrong, I reuse the popcorn cans, but I got so may already I had to give some away. In any case, it's not what you get it's the thought, lol.:D

9. Bolt

BoltWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The worst gift ever bought for me is what my nan buys me for Christmas every year. She buys me a box of Lynx, no thought goes into it and it's the same thing every year.

Not to mention the fact I no longer use chemical deodorant, I use a natural deodorant instead so it's totally useless to me.

10. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    The worst gift I received was a scented candle, don't get me wrong. There is nothing wrong with giving a scented candle, but the problem is it was used already. I mean it's a small yankee candle with cover, it looks new outside but when I decided to use it I found out that is not.