What's with the Flappy Bird craze?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by lindbergh • Feb 25, 2014.

1. micah13

micah13Member

Threads:
    I think it was boosted artificially as well. It's possible to artificially boost anything these days for mere pennies with crowdsourcing. People in developing countries will happily vote for your app in return for a few pennies as they wait for their next taxi fare.

2. nwitt

nwittActive Member

Threads:
    That game pisses me off. I have it on my phone and sometimes I will play it for a few seconds, but I can never get past level 15 or so. I'm not sure why so many people love it. I thought the whole thing about the developer making a huge deal about taking it off the store was weird.

3. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    It's a simple, frustrating game that became crazy popular after the developer talked about earning 50000$ per day with it. The graphics (pipes), are 'borrowed' from the Mario games. Once the game got some steam, more and more people played the thing since it was free with just a little ad at the top. Now I see that the market is full of cheap clones trying to make a buck from the Flappy Bird craze.

4. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I never heard of it until it was removed. I wish I had downloaded it. I could use a couple thousand bucks for sure. I'm glad I missed the craze though because I've never been into simplistic games like that. Just like Candy Crush, I probably would have been bored instantly. The closest I've probably come is Crusher. That is one of the few "simple" games I can get addicted to.

5. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    Yea, I was able to get Flappy Bird before it was removed. I was addicted to it for about a week and then it got old. It's just one of those games that I think becomes more popular because of the hype surrounding it rather than the actual gameplay.

6. BlacKnight1090

BlacKnight1090Member

Threads:
    It was a very short-lived hype of a game when it was released. Though in short time my feed on Instagram was FILLED with screenshots of the game displaying scores they people got in the game. That includes the fake high scores at 999 or something crazy like that. -_- It really was driving me nuts. There have been several games that exploded on the scene, but this is one that didn't grab my attention at all. Flappy Bird even dominated YouTube. It was a nightmare. Lol. Saw one or two videos and said "screw that game." Too many people were more frustrated with it than anything.

7. mikelouis

mikelouisActive Member

Threads:
    The craze about Flappy Bird is because it is hard to play and complete the challenge. I have seen people getting pissed at it and end up smashing their phones because they could not complete a game. I think that is the main reason also why the game was taken down by the developer. But he promised that it will be back but not soon.