What's Your Best Holiday Deal So Far?

Discussion in Seasonal & Holidays started by Zyni • Nov 11, 2015.

1. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Have you started your holiday shopping yet? If so, what's the best deal you have found so far? I got a great little wall plaque at a discount shop for one of my daughters. It's the perfect look, color, and saying, and it only cost $1.99. It was 80% off. I'm not used to seeing such great markdowns before Christmas, but I'll definitely take all of them that I can find. I love discount stores.

2. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I am making a treasure box filled with jewelry for my daughter as one of her Christmas presents and was able to find some jewelry pieces that were like $1.99 on sale last week. It was an extreme deal and made me excited because I am not going to have to spend so much money assembling the box. Right now I am trying to find a good deal for winter coats for both of the kids.

3. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If you think you can squeak by without the coats until just after Christmas, you'll probably be able to save a lot more afterward. I used to go out and by all my kids coats at post holiday sales, often grabbing up $40 coats for like $5.00 when they were little.

While I'm not sure the prices or savings are still the same, I think you could still find some great deals. My girls always preferred going shopping after Christmas for clothes and such, because they'd end up with much more that way, when everything is seriously marked down.

I'd also recommend Burlington Coat Factory or T.J. Maxx or similar. You really have to look thoroughly to find the good deals, but we've gotten some great deals on coats for our girls at those shops over the years. When the girls were older, I got a gorgeous $120 down filled car coat for my oldest daughter one year for around $35.00 at Burlington, and a great little ski jacket for another at T.J. Maxx. Good brands at low prices...

4. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have
    I haven't really done much in the way of shopping yet, as I will see most of my family after Christmas. I may be able to get some good deals after the holidays actually end. Also i am waiting on a check. I would like maybe to get some restaurant gift certificates. They are nice and everyone seems to like them.

5. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I found some really cute gifts in the dollar section at Target. I found some cute socks for my sister and a journal set for my boyfriend's sister. I love their dollar section! Everything is so cute and affordable. I am still saving up my gift cards for a massive haul in early December. I love holiday shopping, but hate holiday spending.

6. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Gift cards will definitely come in handy this time of year whether for shopping or for giving as gifts themselves. While they aren't really what I consider "free" since I still did earn them, it still feels good. I spent time to get them, and right now, I have more time than money (though I don't have much of either, ha ha).

I like to have at least a few on hand for the people that are trickier to buy for. If I can't come up with something great for those folks, I can always give a gift card. I like them so much better than just handing someone money. Money is great, but it kind of feels like an afterthought.

7. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I've started but unfortunately my attempts were hampered by a flaky seller. I went on a local retail site to buy a new phone and I got a discount coupon for it but sadly the seller ended up canceling my order due to lack of stocks to fulfill the transaction which was a bummer because the phone I wanted is not that easy to find here especially for the price I would have gotten it for. The good thing is that the retail store is still honoring the coupon for future purchases even if that was just supposed to used during the promo period, so I pretty much have some extra money in my pocket for that failed transaction.

8. prose

proseActive Member

Threads:
    I have started my Christmas shopping, and so far I have been able to save quite a bit of money by shopping at thrift stores as well as online. One of the deals I found was a Fisher Price Little People Barn for my son for $1.99 at Goodwill! I plan to purchase the farm animals that go with it on eBay. The farm set usually sells for at least $40 new.

For my sisters-in-law, I found at Walmart a 2-pack of really nice fashion scarves for $4.47. They come in all sorts of colors and patterns to choose from. I also found trendy jewelry gift sets on clearance for them from Target for less than $2 each.

I still have people on my list to shop for, so I will most likely do more bargain hunting during the Black Friday sales next week!

9. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    :oops:Well I got my Thanksgiving pot roast meat on sale for 3.49 a pound at Times Supermarket. It was a large piece so for Christmas we're going to have pot roast too. It was such a good cut of Angus Beef that I liked it and got it for our Thanksgiving and Christmas meal. It's going to be just the 2 of us Mom and I for Thanksgiving and Christmas. :)

10. Rosyrain

RosyrainActive Member

Threads:
    I just purchased 3 boxes of Hershey's Pot of Gold chocolates for buy 1 get 2 free at Rite Aid this morning. I am not sure who I am going to give them to just yet, but the deal was so good that I could not let it get by. I will start the rest of my Christmas shopping over the weekend when the online retailers start announcing their sales for the season.