What's your daily skin care routine?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by iNg • Aug 7, 2012.

1. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    Do you use products? which ones? what are your all-time favorites?

2. MoniqueSeibel

MoniqueSeibelActive Member

Threads:
    I really don't have any favorites to rave about. Right now I'm just using Spectro Jel as a cleanser, my own homemade toner and Neutrogena moisturizer. However, I want to start using more organic products. I have a bunch of new skin and hair-care products bookmarked on well.ca, so I'm just going to wait for them to go on sale. One item I do use a lot and like is the Jamieson vitamin e moisturizer. It is pretty heavy so I just use it at night.

3. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    Homemade toner? interesting :eek:....what is it composed of?

4. chocbunny

chocbunnyNew Member

Threads:
    I use ponds cold cream as a cleanser. I rub it in and then remove with a cloth soaked in hot water to give me a bit of exfoliation at the same time. Then I use a toner (any toner, whatever is on special), and then moisturiser (generally Olay). I make sure the moisturiser I use in the day time has an SPF in it to protect me from the sun!

5. Linky

LinkyExpert

Threads:
    I used to have a really convoluted skin care routine but it has really simplified itself over the years. I used to use Shiseido, which I loved, a close friend worked for them and got me products for free. Other products just failed in comparison until I discovered using simple honey diluted with some hot water or green tea as a cleanser. I use simple rose water and/or witch hazel (not as bad as it sounds) as a toner. At night I put a turmeric based lotion on that a friend gave me from India (feels good on and gives me no rashes). I then put some olive or coconut oil around my eyes (to prevent lines - it works as I have no lines around my eyes).

That is my daily routine. Some days, when I am lazy, I just splash with clean and warm water...that is IT. Oh, during the day when out a good moisturizer with a strong spf (one can make a homemade one too, there are recipes online).

6. Sandra Piddock

Sandra PiddockExpert

Threads:
    I use Clarins wash-off cleanser, followed by Avon Anew moisturiser. If I'm going out in the sun, I'll use Avon Bronze facial sunscreen, SPF 30. That's it, really. I remove make up with Johnson's Baby Wipes on the rare occasions when I wear it, and I don't use a night cream. I have excellent skin, with no blemishes and hardly any fine lines at the age of 60, so I must be doing something right.

About once a month, I'll apply a home made face mask made with Greek yogurt, honey and brown sugar. I leave that on for about 10 minutes, then wash it off. It leaves my skin fresh and glowing.

7. classicnyer

classicnyerActive Member

Threads:
    I probably should have a skin routine, but I don't. I just wash my face with soap when I take a shower and I use Nair every few days for unwanted hair. I should be taking better care of my skin, shouldn't I?

8. trebla

treblaNew Member

Threads:
    I never go out of the house without my sunblock. I live in a humid place, and it is vital to wear a sunscreen or a sunblock on a daily basis. At night, it is best to use a cleanser so as to remove all the impurities or dusts on your face.

9. Jennifer

JenniferActive Member

Threads:
    I love using Clarins and have been using it since I was nineteen (years ago). I use the milky cleanser, moisturiser, eye cream, serum and night cream. There have been times when my budget has been a bit tight and I would resort to using less expensive products but in the end I always go back to Clarins.

10. trueone

trueoneNew Member

Threads:
    As a guy I tend to keep it as simple as possible. I wash my face in the morning with cold water and use an St.Ives exfoliating scrub that you can buy at any local Wall-Mart. Then I pat my face with a clean towel till my face is dry. Then I use Nivea face cream for men and that's it. I usually don't wash my face at night, I get fairly lazy.

11. Kaybee517

Kaybee517Active Member

Threads:
    My skin care regimin consists of washing my face with Clean n Clear cleanser (Oil free) followed up by using Witch Hazel as an astringent and Clean n Clear oil free moisterizer. I do this twice a day , morning and evening before bed.