What's your doormat like?

Discussion in Home & Garden started by isabbbela • Apr 30, 2014.

1. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Hi guys!

So a couple of weeks ago I bought this really cute cat doormat in a variety store! As I love cats, I fell in love with this doormat and had to buy it!! It's just brown and has two cats with their paws up saying "Welcome" but I thought it was cute!
    Before I bought it, I didn't have any doormat on my front door, only a simple beige rug. As I live in a apartment, I didn't feel the need to have a cute doormat, but my neighbors all had one, so I went on a search for one.

And then I started to notice that, actually a doormat says a lot about a person!! For example my next door neighbor has a cute flower mat, and she is a very bright, kind person with a lovely daughter.
    So I was wondering about you guys!! What is your doormat like??

Attached Files:

2. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    I have to confess that it didn't even cross my mind to buy a proper doormat. When I moved in my new flat I simply bought the first inexpensive doormat that I stumbled upon. I won't take a picture of it but let's say it's kinda ugly. I'd probably buy a flower mat, just like your neighbor, since I love strong happy colors.

Funny kitties there ;)!

3. Strykstar

StrykstarActive Member

Threads:
    I have a very simple one, it is the same fabric as that one but it just says welcome in big letters.
    I think if I saw a funny one in a store I'd buy it. I've seen online one that was written in a way that said welcome when you entered and goodby when you left, but that was a bit expensive to ship over :(

4. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    My door mat is a plain welcome to our home mat. It just simple I never thought of getting something greater than that because I just thought that its just for wiping your feet on it so what the use to putting up so much money for something extravagant. I think maybe I change the one at my front door since no one comes thru this door. thanks for the ideas.

5. ebby23

ebby23Member

Threads:
    We recently brought a new door mat for our home. The mat says "Whip Your Paws"! We are animal lovers and have two family dogs. Therefore, we thought the mat was cute and our visitors seem to love it as well.

6. Ruth B.

Ruth B.Active Member

Threads:
    I am an animal lover also, especially dogs. So my elderly mother has bought me things like weenie dogs, and other dogs, and the ever classic, wipe your paws. When I buy for myself, that is what I like to look for is animals. I also love to look for garden scenes, and flowers, etc.

7. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I have a doormat from Better Homes and Gardens that says "HOME" on it. It has images of a birdcage, keys, etc. But this rug from Etsy cracks me up because the quote is from Step Brothers. c6d84128fdd35f0f3f1cf82c920ad728.

8. Allison2021

Allison2021Active Member

Threads:
    I had a simple, "Welcome" doormat. A few years ago I switched to that one with the bright yellow sunflowers for my back door.
    I used to change to seasonal messages at the back door, XMas, Pumpkins, and Bunnies. But grew tired of changing it, so I stopped.

9. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I don't have a doormat. I haven't used doormat for any of my residences. Most of my friends don't have doormats either.

Now, I'm thinking if I should get a doormat.