What's your favorite antivirus program and why?

Discussion in Software PC & Mac started by Esperahol • Oct 9, 2012.

1. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use avg i like it cause it's free i don't ever have to pay for it and it seems to work pretty well i have used it for about two years and in those two years i have yet to get any viruses or anything like that.

2. celltown

celltownNew Member

Threads:
    Microsoft Security essentails,,It`s Free and works Great for me.

3. iRichard

iRichardMember

Threads:
    My favorite antivirus program for my iMac is Intego. I know that apple computers rarely get viruses but it's nice to have around to keep you protected if something does happen to your computer.

4. hunysukle

hunysukleActive Member

Threads:
    I currently use the AVG's free version, and it really has been great. It caught all the viruses on my laptop and continues to. I haven't tried many others, but I think I'll stay with AVG.

5. mansawalta

mansawaltaMember

Threads:
    3 words - MICROSOFT SECURITY ESSENTIALS - this is the best antivirus i have ever used......the last time i had a virus was probably when michael jackson was still alive - The fact that it is free also makes a very big statement for me.....they are not in it for the profit, but to give their users an ability to us the widows OS and never have to deal with other external factors that could ruin things for them

6. danealegana

danealeganaActive Member

Threads:
    I have used a lot of antivirus products from Avira, AVG, Avast, Nod32 and so on but my favorite is Microsoft Security Essentials. I have no conflicts whatsoever when I install new softwares. Its also not annoying and it is very lightweight. The only problem with it is it scans so slow but its worth it.

Avast Free comes second and I use it before because of its Sandbox Feature but since I discovered Sandboxie, I replaced it with MSE.

7. asteriks

asteriksMember

Threads:
    I use Avast and Microsoft Security Essentials together. I never really had any conflicts but on the advice of friends,I uninstalled MSE and stuck with Avast. Previously I used to have Norton which did an adequate job but Avast being free, did an equally good job too so it's my favourite now.

8. ozadin

ozadinActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite one so far is Microsoft Security Essentials. So far I haven't downloaded or got any viruses since MES warns me beforehand. I just quarantine it, and then delete it. It doesn't get in the way like other antiviruses, so I'll be sticking with this for a while.

9. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    You can't go wrong with AVG Anti-Virus free edition. It's economical and works really well without cramping your internet surfing style. Some anti-virus programs have quirks that causes it to block certain sites. I worked as a technical support agent for an internet provider and you can't imagine how many times a day I would get calls from people who can't use their internet because of their anti-virus programs. I do however also use a free antispyware program just to beef up my security just in case. I tried Avast but it uses up too much resources and slows my computer down.

10. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite program would have to be norton 360.
    I have been using this antivirus system for more than five years and it has not failed me yet which is why I can't imagine switching to anything else.
    I have tried free ones in the set but I just didn't feel safe with them which is why norton is totally worth the money for me at least.

11. BlackSolaris

BlackSolarisActive Member

Threads:
    I started big on AVG, but then went on Avast. After some complications went back to AVG, but the damn persistent firewall didn't let me do some stuff, so i jumped to Microsoft Security Essentials and the only thing i regret is not getting it sooner.

12. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I have used AVG ever since because it's free. I never really had much problems with it, nor would I know much on how to solve it anyway, so I just stuck with it and everything's been relatively peaceful so far. The only complaint I would have for it is that I think it's too heavy on the system, but I'm not really sure about that either.

13. kevin786

kevin786Member

Threads:
    I am using Kaspersky Internet Security and I am happy with it. It is cheaper than other and have power to delete all type of virus in your PC as well as the virujs that are coming from server.

14. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I use Microsoft Security Essentials, besides being free and frequently updated, it's the one the IT dept. at my college recommended to me so it can't be bad, right? :)

15. dissn_it

dissn_itActive Member

Threads:
    I have used Microsoft's Security Essentials for many years and many different machines and have had really good luck with it. I recently inherited an old machine that was plagued with viruses and came across a product called Super Anti Spyware. They do have a free trial version that I ran on this machine and it found tons of other viruses and spyware that MSE didn't find. I have yet to get their full version, but it does do the active scanning where the trial version does not. They made a believer out of me though.

16. BlackMage

BlackMageNew Member

Threads:
    In the past few years I have used lots of Antivirus Software, like AVG, Panda, Nod32, Microsoft Security Essentials, Norton etc. I also frequently check monthly online antivirus reports-comparisons in trusted sites, and I have to agree with most of the people here that Avast is probably the best Antivirus Software out there. Easy to use, it has a free and a paid version, I rarely notice the updates, and I have never gotten a virus since I installed Avast on my PC. I highly recommend it.

17. Nevermore

NevermoreNew Member

Threads:
    I'm using Avast (I turned off the obnoxious sound notifications) and Malwarebytes for eventual undetected spywares and/or trojans. AVG, Avira, MSE are all good alternatives and there is really not much of a difference, but remember the best way to keep malware away from you computer is common sense and a bit of caution.

18. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    I personally use Common Sense 2013 edition, apart from scanning my computer with Malware Bytes every now and then I don't bother with a "proper" antivirus. Just don't download or do anything dodgy and you won't have to worry about anything!