What's your favorite cleaning product or tip?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by kinser • Apr 21, 2012.

1. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    This is a good point. Many people know about not mixing ammonia and bleach, but it's less commonly known that mixing any kind of acidic solution with chlorine bleach can cause the release of chlorine gas. Obviously vinegar is pretty acidic. I never mix bleach with anything but water, just to be on the safe side.

2. Gonzalo

GonzaloActive Member

Threads:
    It seems that vinegar is the most used cleaning product, however I have never used it.
    What is vinegar used for? Beside of cleaning the drains.

3. Kaycee J

Kaycee JActive Member

Threads:
    Those of you who use white vinegar in laundry, how do you use it? I have been trying to find something to add to my laundry detergent to get out odors. I have tried using a spray pre-treater on the armpits of shirts (yes, we do wear deodorant!), and have also tried adding baking soda to the wash. But so far, a few shirts just won't let go of the bad smell. Would vinegar be worth trying?

4. Victor Leigh

Victor LeighActive Member

Threads:
    LOC is the acronym for Liquid Organic Compound. It's one of the very first products marketed by Amway. At first glance, it may seem to be a bit pricey but because it's very concentrated, just a very little amount is required to get the job done.

LOC can be used for many purposes. The most common way that I use LOC for is to remove the charred food at the bottom of the pot when I accidentally burned the food. Usually this would entail quite a bit of scrubbing. With LOC, it's just a matter of putting some water into the pot. Add in a couple of drops of LOC. Let it stand overnight. Very often, the next morning, you will find that the burned food had already floated up, off the bottom of the pot. Just rinse and you are done. Here's how LOC looks like:
    loc-amway.

5. SarahLizzie

SarahLizzieActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite cleaner is this orange scented cleaner called "Awsome!" from the dollar tree. You can use it on everything except dishes and laundry, and it works amazingly well. You can take the awesome orange cleaner and a sponge, and have the same results on stains and dirt that Mr. Cleans Magic Erasers have.

When it comes to laundry, if you have any greasy clothing, which we have a ton of because my boyfriend and I both work at line cooks; if you put about 1/4 cup of ammonia into the washer with your clothing and detergent it cuts the grease right out of clothes.

6. Jailynnsgrandma

JailynnsgrandmaMember

Threads:
    I think my favorite cleaning product is my Mr Clean eraser. It works so well on so many things. I especially like it for the handle on my refrigerator. Nothing else seems to get that clean. I have not tried cleaning with vinegar. Maybe I will give it a try. I do use vinegar on the weeds on my walkway and it really does work. I can't use chemicals out there because we have a lot of cats and kids in the neighborhood so I would not feel right spraying anything that could be harmful.

7. Farrah

FarrahActive Member

Threads:
    My 2 number one products are the Magic Eraser, (when they say magic they really mean it!) it even cleans crayon. ANy surface you think needs to be repaints, or replaced can be cleaned with this. I also love Cheap vodka. To clean not to drink, although there have been a few times. LOl. Really it kills germs and has no odor. I love it in the bathroom and kitchen.

8. kinser

kinserActive Member

Threads:
    Bleach kills everything - I don't mess around, LOL. I use it in all of my drains and other areas to kill and prevent mold. What I hate about bleach is how it immediately discolors anything it touches. I've had to throw away one too many shirts from the tiniest-splatter spots (towels too).

9. brittanytruskosky

brittanytruskoskyMember

Threads:
    Orange citrol is my favorite. It brings out a big list of things. Crayon, grease, tar, marker, bathroom mildew and many more. It smells like oranges which isn't horrible if you like oranges. It's kind of high priced though but worth it for cleaning up things a little harder to get out or off the walls. I love it and use it for my showers mostly.

10. sunshinesaver

sunshinesaverMember

Threads:
    I like Gain scented Mr. Clean. I think I am becoming addicted to Gain products. I use Gain for my laundry, Mr. Clean Gain for my counters and floors, Gain scented dish soap, and the last time I went to the store I found Cascade gel pack for the dishwasher in Gain scent. I have to say that when I use all the products on the same day, my house really smells great!!

11. stefano13

stefano13Member

Threads:
    The very best cleaner I have found on the market that used to be sold door to door for seventeen dollars a bottle,it's called AWESOME. It can be found at the Dollar Tree stores for only one dollar. It is something that at full strength can strip paint.At partial strength can take off permanent marker,even from vinyl and plastic.

12. Gonzalo

GonzaloActive Member

Threads:
    Orange citrol? It's the first time I've ever heard from it. I really like the smell of oranges, so I might give it a try! Is it too pricey or just a little?

13. mariaandrea

mariaandreaMember

Threads:
    I'm also a HUGE vinegar and baking soda fan. Maybe once a month I'll break out the bleach to clean the bathroom, but that's it. For one thing, I'm not a fan of toxic chemicals and the potential they have to damage our health and the environment, and for another, white vinegar and baking soda are so cheap. It's a win-win. This is a great page of cleaning formulas you can easily make at home for all sorts of things. Just invest in a couple of spray bottles from the dollar store, and maybe some borax, and you're good to go.

14. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard of the legendary Awesome cleaner. I'm planning to make a trip to Dollar Tree to stock up on a few bottles. I've never been to Dollar Tree before and they recently built a new one near me.
    I keep putting off going there but I'm definitely going this month.

15. olorien

olorienActive Member

Threads:
    I love Oxyclean for so many cleaning jobs. It's great for grease stains on clothes and it's a safe bleaching agent. In the bathroom, it gets my tub, toilet, and sink cleaner and whiter than anything else, except for bleach, which I don't like for the caustic smell or ruining fabrics. And it does most of the hard work on its own. It's also great for cleaning a greasy stovetop and soaking pots with stuck on food.

16. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Dirty Jobs has a line of cleaning products endorsed by Mike Rowe and I like the degreaser in the black spray bottle. It's pretty potent for getting grease off of surfaces in the kitchen. I also like Greased Lightning.

I'm trying to be greener, so I might start phasing out the chemicals and start making my own cleaners.
    I'm already green in a lot of aspects of my life, but I still have to work on using fewer chemicals.

17. mountainside

mountainsideActive Member

Threads:
    I like any type of Lysol product product. I love the smell. Detergent with Fabreze is great as well, for washing clothes. fresh smell.

18. aprilgilliam

aprilgilliamNew Member

Threads:
    I have found that the best shower cleaner EVER is mixing equal parts Dawn dish liquid (the original, blue kind) and vinegar. It takes off the soap scum like nobody's business. I hate that the smell of the vinegar lingers a while, but it is totally worth it.

19. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I saw the recipe for this cleaner on Pinterest but wasn't sure whether it actually worked. Thanks for sharing. I guess if you tried it and it actually worked on your shower, I should give it a try.
    It also sounds like it would be a little cheaper than most bathroom cleaners.

20. jovan107

jovan107Active Member

Threads:
    One of my favorite cleaning products is Comet. Its does a great job cleaning the bathroom and kitchen and its very affordable.