What's your favorite cleaning product or tip?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by kinser • Apr 21, 2012.

1. teamrose

teamroseMember

Threads:
    I use simple green. It cleans everything. It is concentrated, so adding water a little bit goes a long long way. It’s non-toxic and biodegradable, without harmful bleach. Simple Green to clean just about anything dirty. It replaces most cleaners, detergents, degreasers and laundry pre-soaks you're using now

2. dashboardc33

dashboardc33Active Member

Threads:
    I absolutely love Mrs. Meyers cleaning supplies. I love the lemon scented countertop spray. It is a little pricey, but smells amazing and is pretty natural. I am not a fan of using harsh chemicals to spray down the counters where we eat, but I feel safe using Mrs. Meyers products. They also have some laundry detergent too that works really well. I normally cannot use scented laundry soap, but since these are aromatherapy and are natural, I can use them without irritation! I would highly recommend this product.

3. Johnmichelsr

JohnmichelsrNew Member

Threads:
    I dont like cleaning activity but still have to do it. I make use of vacuum cleaner as it is my best friend and when I have some extra bucks I try to hire professional cleaning services.

#43Nov 17, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 18, 2012
  4. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Mine would be vinegar, it takes the smells out of everything and is a good anti-bacterial product. Now that cold season is here, we need to kill all of the germs that may be in the area. LA Awesome from the Dollar Store is also good. I have used it in the laundry with great success.

5. darren777

darren777Member

Threads:
    I used to use Clorox almost exclusively, one day a friend gave some stuff called Fabuloso and I have used it since. Works just as good, but smells much better and is cheaper.

6. TheMightyEddy

TheMightyEddyMember

Threads:
    Clorax is personally my favourite. It gets the job done quickly as well as neatly. Love it!

7. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    Because I live with people who are highly sensitive to strong chemical odors I have to be careful what I use to clean with. I have used vinegar as well as baking soda. Another thing that I have used that I find cleans very well and only uses water is the magic eraser sponge. The only draw back to these is that they break down rather quickly in a tough cleaning job, but they do clean quite well.

8. annaallen798

annaallen798New Member

Threads:
    Hi there,

Great post. There are so many cleaning products that you might use to ensure cleanliness.

Thanks,
    Anna

9. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I use calamansi or lemon juice when I remove stubborn stains, like if there's rust in my colored clothes. I noticed that it's quite effective because using a bleach on colored clothes is a no-no.

10. thelovelyone0

thelovelyone0Banned

Threads:
    I have never tried ammonia to clean my house but I think I might give it a try. I am willing to try anything new or anything new that smells great. Lately, I have been using the product 409 to clean. It is not necessarily my favorite cleaning product, it is just something that gets the job done. I haven't encountered anything that works amazingly. I read somewhere in someone's post that they don't use chemicals; they use water, dish soap, and water. I think I may consider utilizing that because chemicals can be damaging to the skin. Whenever I have my nails painted or professionally done, it gets ruined.

11. blurinoctober

blurinoctoberActive Member

Threads:
    I agree with you on this, Simple Green works well for a lot of things! A few years ago my mother and I picked up a bottle out of curiosity and it worked amazingly! Because you mix it with water yourself, it also produces way less waste than a lot of other cleaners. I'll almost always use it!

Other than that, my mom will bring home germicidal spray from work sometimes that works wonders on tough messes!

12. WitchyPop

WitchyPopMember

Threads:
    Vinegar and baking soda are also great for cleaning saucepans or frying pans and will lift off anything burnt. Just sprinkle the baking soda on then spray white vinegar over the top and scrub the burnt bits off while it is bubbling. If you have a really burnt and blackened saucepan, boil water and baking soda (a cup) then simmer for awhile and the black should lift off. It will leave your saucepan sparkling!

13. melovesengland

melovesenglandMember

Threads:
    I always use Cillit Bang Spray, Flash for the floor and Dettol. They are all the best for me as it saves me from scrubbing plus saves me time as well.

14. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite is Fabuloso it smells great it last and it's really cheap i can get it for a dollar and it has all types of different scents.

15. footballtim

footballtimActive Member

Threads:
    One of my favorites is definitely Lava soap. When I come home from work, (I am an entertainer) I can get germs off of my hands with Soft Soap. But when I get my hands dirty from cleaning or handling grease, it is Lava that gets my hands clean the first time as the ad says.

16. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I live in Miami, Florida which has a large Cuban population, so we have all the Hispanic cleaning products, Fantastico, Fabuloso, a fabric softener called Fresquita, and the popular Mexican soap bar called Zote, which is short for "jabonzote" because it's a huge bar of solid laundry soap.

I like Hispanic cleaning products, they're cheap, they smell good and they work. I read that in Mexico some people use Zote soap for everything from laundry soap to shampoo and catfish bait.

17. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    I would always use ammonia for my floors since it was the only thing that would clean the scuff marks off of it from my shoes. Some of the other floor cleaners would leave a residue that caused even more dirt to stick to the floors making them look dirty all over again shortly after you've cleaned them.

Vinegar is great for getting smells out of your garbage disposal, but so are citrus peels such as lemons, limes, and grapefruit.

I use rubbing alcohol or hydrogen peroxide to clean off my computer monitor, mouse, keyboard, cell phone, etc... Cost wise I don't know if it's necessarily cheaper or anything, but I don't like all the perfumes and dyes and stuff in window cleaner.

18. trishgl

trishglActive Member

Threads:
    When I was younger I love trying out different kinds of cleaners, cleansers etc for different surfaces. Now that I'm older I need the multipurpose ones because saving time and money is key. I use Goo Gone all purpose cleaner not only because I like the smell but because its economical as the bottle even needs to be dilluted futher if you use it on glass, windows and floors. It is also safe to use on your grill which is to me a guarantee that its good to go on kitchen surfaces.