What's Your Favorite Flavor Girl Scout Cookie?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by mythman • Mar 12, 2015.

1. joycemcgregor

joycemcgregorMember

Threads:
    Thin Mints are definitly my favorite. When my kids were small I made mini ice cream sandwiches using them. My kids thought there was nothing as good for dessert. In fact, when GS cooky time came every year, I would stock up on them and keep them in the freezer to use all year around. Now that I am diabetic, I find that I really miss them. But I do have many fond memories of the taste of that wonerful Thin Mint cooky.

2. barkingsquirrel

barkingsquirrelMember

Threads:
    Samoas are my favorite because of the caramel and the chocolate coating. It's ironic, really, because I totally dislike coconut! My second favorite were the lemonade cookies ... I'm not sure what they're called, and I haven't had them in about 8 years. I'm not even sure if they still make them.

3. happyshopper

happyshopperActive Member

Threads:
    The peanut butter patties are my all time favorite and I bought a box this year. I've always enjoyed the peanut butter and chocolate together. I don't eat these cookies all the time so when I do get them it's a special treat for me. When I was a little girl I sold girl scout cookies and it was fun.

4. DukeMadThane

DukeMadThaneMember

Threads:
    My favorite Girl Scout cookies are called "All Abouts", but they don't make them anymore, as far as I know. They were basically a graham cracker with chocolate on the bottom, but they were so good and I miss them. Of the flavors that are still available, I would say my favorite is Tagalongs.

5. LeopardJones

LeopardJonesActive Member

Threads:
    Another Samoas fan here. I love anything coconut, even more so when combined with chocolate. The caramel just ties it all together so perfectly. Thin mints are a close second; chocolate and mint is one of my favorite flavor combinations. I haven’t had either cookie in years, though. Probably good for my waistline, haha.

6. kaylahambrick

kaylahambrickMember

Threads:
    I LOVE Samoas and Thin Mints!! They've even made a Samoa ice cream, and that is dreamy! It's so rich and actually has pieces of Samoa cookies in it. It really is unbelievable. Thin mints are perfect for that midnight craving. Anything minty is always good to me. When I eat thin mints, I almost eat the whole sleeve. I can't help it; They're so good.

7. jusjalynn

jusjalynnMember

Threads:
    I really love the Samoas. Everything about it is so tasty. I love the texture of it, and its rich. I also like thin mints, because the combination of chocolate and mint is such a classic.

8. Heather_Rose

Heather_RoseNew Member

Threads:
    The Thin Mints are delicious, but I have to give my vote to the Samoas. There's just something about them... I'm almost glad they aren't available year-round; I think the limited availability is part of their charm. Candy canes wouldn't be much fun if you ate them every day, or gingerbread cookies. I appreciate the treat more if it's rare.

9. EpixStudiosNH

EpixStudiosNHNew Member

Threads:
    I am a Thin Mint girl myself. I am a little disappointed that they keep going up in price every year. Very little of the proceeds actually goes to any of the troops. But I still buy them every now and then because who can resist a Thin Mint?

10. missfortune81

missfortune81Member

Threads:
    I love the peanut butter patties. No way I could keep those in the house! I also find the thin mints pretty addicting, I love the combination of chocolate and mint. Samoans are good but I can take them or leave them. Not too crazy about the short bread, either. I'm a big fan of real shortbread, but I prefer mine a little less on the sweet side. I don't think I have tried any others beyond that.

11. E.Mil

E.MilMember

Threads:
    My favorite flavor is the shortbread. My runner up would be the lemon cookies. I have never tried the thin mints but I have heard people brag about them for a long time.

12. Diana Smith

Diana SmithNew Member

Threads:
    I love the thin mints the most, however I have recently discovered that I get very ill from any sort of product that contains gluten, casein or both and unfortunately they contain both. I am happy to see that girl scout cookies now include a couple of gluten free varieties. Sadly they still have dairy products in them so there are no girl scout cookies that I am able to enjoy. Perhaps one day they will create one that is both free of casein and gluten.

13. Yosh

YoshActive Member

Threads:
    The thin mints and the peanut butter patties are the absolute best in my eyes! It's a shame I don't get them over here, but the last time I was in America I think I went through a good few boxes each :p

14. imbriankelly

imbriankellyNew Member

Threads:
    I would have to say thin mints. I would chow down on a box of those babies anytime I saw them around the house. I love mint and chocolate, the girl scouts have the master recipe for that delicious combination. It's been a while since I've had one. I will have to keep a keen eye out for them locally!

15. MarriedGirl15

MarriedGirl15Member

Threads:
    I love girl scout cookies. They have a lot of great cookies, but my favorite are the samoas. All the right ingredients are mixed together. I could eat samoas all day. You can't go wrong with caramel, chocolate and coconut mixed together. I wish they came around more often, instead of every year.

16. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Samoas are definetly my favorite. I just love the coconut, combo..with chocolate taste. They also remind me of cookies my mother used to buy when I was a kid. There was a small department store that had these cookies and they were so good. I like thin mints as well. However,the reason I like these is because they are lower in calorie content.

17. BeccaShopper

BeccaShopperNew Member

Threads:
    Girl Scout cookies bring back such good memories, I used to sell them as a kid and now I buy them! I love the Do-Si-Dos and the Tagalongs- I'm a big fan of peanut butter! I also really like the Trefoils- shortbread is yummy! For some reason I really don't like Thin Mints- It's not about the combo of mint and chocolate either, I love the Andes mints- but for some reason Thin Mints make me sick haha.

Like others have said, there are plenty of knock-offs at grocery stores that you can get for much cheaper and they taste mostly the same.

18. joshc428

joshc428Active Member

Threads:
    Tagalongs! I'm a big fan of cookies. I'm a big fan of chocolate. I'm a big fan of peanut butter. Tagalongs offer the perfect blend of all three. I just love the texture and the way that the chocolate and peanut butter mix together. It's like eating a Reeses' Cup in cookie form.

19. tasxx

tasxxMember

Threads:
    When I used to be a girl scout, my favorite cookies were the samoas but now that I've grown up, I really don't like the taste of coconut anymore. I'm super obsessed with thin mints and I just love how well the chocolate is balances with the mint flavor - those are literally my two favorite flavers right now. Chocolate flavored things have really been growing on me like chocolate ice cream, chocolate cake, chocolate donuts and now chocolate cookies.

20. missfortune81

missfortune81Member

Threads:
    Tagalongs or peanut butter patties are by far my favorite. Thin mints are at a close second, they are so addictive. I love shortbread cookies, but the girl scout ones don't taste like shortbread to me at all. Just a cheap imitation. I know the Samoas are really popular ,but I'm not really the biggest fan of coconut. Man, Now I want some Tagalongs lol.