What's your favorite handmade present?

Discussion in Gifts & Flowers started by vennybunny • Oct 10, 2014.

1. vennybunny

vennybunnyMember

Threads:
    With the holidays growing near, I'm thinking of ways to make my loved ones feel special without breaking the bank. :)

So far I've come up with baked goods. I'll bake revel bars, brownies and cookies. Then I'll wrap them up nice and give them to people. With any luck, they'd be really tasty and I'll be known as the best gift giver of the year!

What other ways can you think of to make gifts for people? (And save a buck!)

2. Zyni

ZyniWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Do you crochet? You can make a beautiful throw blanket with just a few bucks worth of yarn. If you sew, you can make a handmade quilt from scrap fabric at very little cost. For less time consuming ideas, you can make candle holders from thrift store finds like mixed drink glasses. Clean the glass, pop a votive candle in, add some trim.

Baked goods are a nice treat and a nice gift - just tossing out some other ideas. Knowing that someone took the time to make something for me always makes me feel good. :D

3. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    If the gift is for someone who appreciates art and you are a good artists, you could paint something lovely and give it to that person.

Still on people who'd like something similar: if you are a wordsmith, write a short lovely poem on a paperboard then decorate the edges with fancy lace or something. It makes a great gift especially for sentimental folks.