What's your favorite inexpensive makeup products?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by KellyValentine • Oct 29, 2013.

1. KellyValentine

KellyValentineNew Member

Threads:
    I like all different types of makeup. High end and less expensive brands. What are your favorite inexpensive products that really get the job done? Some makeup you really get what you pay for.

2. kitkat0124

kitkat0124Active Member

Threads:
    I like maybelline products. It's not that expensive compare to other make up brands. It's hard to find a make up or beauty products that suits your skin. I'm happy with maybelline. I been using it for years now. So far I'm contented with it.

#2Oct 30, 2013
    Last edited: Oct 30, 2013
  3. MyDigitalpoint

MyDigitalpointActive Member

Threads:
    I don't have a favorite makeup brand, but usually seek for deals that include free makeup products.

Sometimes they come with a shampoo brand, some others with a perfume or body lotions, I'm compulsively seeking for this type of offers to save in makeup, as I don't longer wear as much of it as I used to do in the past, when I mostly used to spend in Max Factor, Avon, Maybelline and Givenchy products.

4. NeliaDillahunty

NeliaDillahuntyNew Member

Threads:
    Lakme, L'oreal..these are probably the most affordable fashion products available in the market currently. So i guess these are the ones for me as well.

5. MindyT

MindyTActive Member

Threads:
    I like CoverGirl. I use all their make-up products. They have a large variety of foundations. They have a wide range of foundation shades too. I use CoverGirl foundation, eye shadow, and mascara. My eye liner is from Avon. I love Avon's eye pencils. They go on smoothly, and they have a soft tip. CoverGirl's products are mid price range too. Perfect for my pocketbook!

6. justusforus

justusforusActive Member

Threads:
    I think Maybelline has some good products like eyeliner and mascara. For foundation and powder I would go with L'oreal. I also find lots of inexpensive nail polish at the dollar stores that are NYC brand, never heard of it other than the dollar store, but the clear and nail hardener work like more expensive brands. I also often find good lipstick there and for a buck, I can get several and even if I ruin it by leaving it in the car, I can replace it easily.

7. BargainPhoenix

BargainPhoenixMember

Threads:
    I'm all about inexpensive makeup as a reformed MAC girl who use to breakout from their foundation. Pay $30 for breakouts? No thanks. My top favorite drugstore brands is Revlon & Maybelline. They make foundations that match my skin tone and they don't give me those crazy breakouts MAC did. When I'm wearing a full face I use a combination of those two from my primer to my blush and finishing powder. I've also been happy with products from Rimmel, KISS, NYC, Wet & Wild and E.L.F. My current mascara is by NYC and it does the job just as well as any more expensive brand.

8. Anna Blush

Anna BlushActive Member

Threads:
    I would say that physicians formula is just my all time favorite makeup brand along with a few others. I feel like they have the perfect products and everything is always so thought out and the ingredients are on point also. Not every drugstore makeup brand can say they are 99% natural but this one sure can.

9. vpresson

vpressonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I love avon makeup I feel like it's just as good and it's a lot cheaper than most.

10. KC Evans

KC EvansMember

Threads:
    That is so true, you do get what you pay for in some cases. Other times you can come out pretty lucky. When I first began wearing makeup, I would mainly purchase higher end products like Mac. After wearing makeup for a while and experimenting I found other good products for a cheaper price. Sephora and Revlon products to work well with my skin. My grandmother sells and uses all Mary Kay products. You can find a mixture of prices with in their selection.

11. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    I mostly use L'oreal makeup. N.Y.C. and Hard Candy are also good brands and very inexpensive. If you have sensitive skin, Physician's Formula is a good brand to choose from, as most of their makeup is mineral-based and designed for people with sensitive skin.

12. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm not a brand junkie.. I couldn't care less what name is on the package as long as it wears well and clean. I couldn't even tell you what brands are in my make up drawer lol

13. brutal37138

brutal37138Member

Threads:
    I don't spend a lot of money on makeup, but I don't tend to wear a lot either. I've always got along well with the cheap end Wet'n'Wild products. It depends what you can get, but their newer powder is a fraction of the cost and I really like it. Some of their products are hit and miss, but they tend to have low-end and mid-range qualities for what they do make, it just depends on what store you find their stuff in.

14. amy005

amy005Active Member

Threads:
    Nyx and ELF are probably the most inexpensive products that still work really well. Most ELF products are between $1-$3. Some products work better then others. For instance, I like the ELF nail polish, and bronzer. But the eye liner pencils don't really work well for me. The cream eye shadow/liner works pretty well too. Most NYX products I have tried or heard of work very well also at really good prices. The only thing I will spend a little more on is mascara since it is something I rely on the most and hate the cheap kind that clumps your lashes. I recently tried Benefit "They're Real" and I thought it made it really look like I had false lashes.

15. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not really set on any one brand in particular- as far as not terribly expensive ones go, I've had some luck with some NYC, E.L.F., Maybelline and even Hard Candy products.

16. Bellarata

BellarataNew Member

Threads:
    I used to buy a lot Oriflame products. I think they are pretty good and affordable and very good quality. I also like L'oreal and Maybelline.

17. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I like ELF because they have pretty good $1 products. I used to like Lippettes. Lippettes were 49 cent lipsticks that Walgreen's used to sell in the early 2000's. My favorite color used to be Moist Berry. It sucks that they don't carry them anymore.

18. zestytomato

zestytomatoNew Member

Threads:
    Here's my drugstore makeup list!
    • Brushes: Ecotools for sure. I like ELF Studio as well, but in my experience they didn't hold up for as long, and I clean my brushes weekly.
    • Moisturizer: Olay has worked for me. I get the one that's also sunscreen as I like it when my face products can do both.
    • Eye Primer: I've used ELF Studio. Comparing it to the regular eye primer, it's worth the extra $2.
    • Eyeshadow: If you like cream shadows, Maybelline Color Tattoos are great. If not, Wet and Wild is pretty good but tends to break easily.
    • Foundation:Covergirl Clean Foundation. I have rather oily skin, and powder looks terrible on me. I love this foundation and it stays on for hours!
    • Eyeliner:Rimmel ScandalEyes Waterproof Kohl. It stays, even when I accidentally rub my eyes.
    • Mascara: For eyelashes that stand out, Covergirl Clump Crusher. For a more natural look, Maybelline Full and Soft.
    • Lip Balm: Burt's Bees or EOS. However I have more tubes of Burt's Bees as they fit in my pockets.
    • Lipsitck: I don't wear lipstick that often, and if I do it's matte. I have one from Kate Moss' stuff for Rimmel.

19. amandak

amandakNew Member

Threads:
    If you've never heard of it, try Eyes Lips Face. They are an online based company with some of their products available in a few stores, such as Wal-Mart and Target. Their products are so cheap but still great quality. $1 eyeliner, $3 moisturizing lip color, $3 powder foundation, etc. The prices are absolutely unbeatable and I love the quality of the products. My personal favorites are the translucent matte powder, the baked blush, and the eye shadow palettes. I completely recommend checking out their site!

20. Mafdet

MafdetMember

Threads:
    I've tried many Avon and Oriflame products but I can't say I found one that I really liked. I also like E.L.F. products. I've tried some illuminators and foundation and I'm very pleased. However, my personal favorite product is the Revlon colorstay foundation that I'm absolutely in love with.