What's your favorite inexpensive snack?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by True2marie • Dec 15, 2013.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    What's your favorite inexpensive snack?

Mine is microwave popcorn. It's always on sale and this food feeds more than one person person. Microwave popcorn is also a great platform for other foods. For example, you can throw chocolate chips, nuts or raisins into a bag and have something unique to eat.

[​IMG]

2. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    Mine are cheese balls. I get through quite a few packs of these each week and they are only like 80p for a big bag.

3. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite inexpensive snack would be any kind of junk food. Also I like to eat sweets and pastries of any kind as well. But I know I should not eat them too often because I will gain weight if I do.

4. FloraFauna

FloraFaunaMember

Threads:
    Hands down, I would say popcorn. Trader Joe's has big bags of it for $1.99 and every flavor I've tried has been amazingly good.

5. XxMotleyCrueXx

XxMotleyCrueXxNew Member

Threads:
    My hands down favorite inexpensive snack is Slim Jims, which are only a $1.00 each, I also love Jack Links Sasquatch beef sticks as well, those taste so delicious, and are well worth the $1.00 it cost to purchase them. Also the Dollar Tree has many different snacks and candy there for a $1.00 each.

6. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    If on a budget, I'd usually go for a pack or jumbo pack of spicy peanuts, which come out at around $1- $2 per package. Those usually keep me satisfied especially since I keep drinking lots of water due to the spiciness and it fills me up faster because of it. Also, I usually eat them one by one instead of a mouthful at a time, which is great for when watching a movie because I can be sure that the contents will last me way past the end and I usually do even have a good amount left over for the next day after a full length film.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite is popcorn. Sprouts Farmers Market sells popcorn kernels by the bulk. I love making the popcorn on the stove. I use grapeseed extract oil to pop the corn. It has a light taste that doesn't overpower the popcorn.

8. lovemwaf

lovemwafActive Member

Threads:
    if bread can be counted as a snack then you can count me in. I love to just nibble on some fresh bread. I have some sort of addiction and i do not really think of anything to eat apart from bread and it is something that i enjoy and love for some reason.

9. Kaylah

KaylahActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite snack food is hot cheetos. They are so good to me. I love spicy snacks. The cheetos are really unhealthy though.

My favorite HEALTHY snack is green smoothies. I blend spinach leaves, bananas, mangos, and pineapple in a blende. Even if it sounds gross to some, it is soo good and so healthy. I try to drink a green smoothie every morning for breakfast or just as a snack. They are so refreshing.

10. SpringBreeze

SpringBreezeActive Member

Threads:
    It depends for me. My favorite guilty snack is chips. I usually don't buy them because I can't resist them. Once the bag is open, they become like an addiction for me. On the other hand, my favorite healthy snack is salted sunflower seeds. It's relatively cheap, salty, and best yet, taste good. For a bit more money, I really like snacking on home-made trail mix.

11. PSLoveCharli

PSLoveCharliActive Member

Threads:
    Simple old cheese and crackers is my favorite inexpensive snack. I use to add pepperoni but I no longer eat it among beef and pork. Anyway, this was a quickie snack my dad and I used to eat when I was younger. Always did the trick!

12. thriftyme

thriftymeMember

Threads:
    OMG! Chocolate chips mixed in with hot popcorn sounds delicious! I have to try that! Thanks, True@marie! ;)My favorite inexpensive snack is popcorn because it is just so cheap if you pop your own. I'm not a fan of microwave popcorn.

I like to buy raw pumpkin seeds in bulk and those are also tasty and inexpensive - a $3.00 bag full will last a month or two because they are satisfying in small amounts. When I'm low-carbing it, I will buy string cheese ($2 for 12 sticks at my store) and pork rinds (99 cents a bag).

I also make a quick inexpensive salad as a snack using only lettuce, shredded cheese with bacos or rice noodles on top. It's crunchy and salty and yummy.

13. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite inexpensive snack would be the chocolate chip cookies, which is one of my all-time favorite snacks. I eat them whenever I have a chance but I sometimes need to watch out not too overeat because it's high in sugar. I usually eat about 4 to 5 pieces and would buy at least 2 bags of chocolate chip cookies.

14. dreamseer

dreamseerMember

Threads:
    I totally agree! My favorite is popcorn popped the old-fashioned way! Then I top it with either butter and garlic salt, or sesame oil. Very inexpensive and delicious.

15. tweety23

tweety23Member

Threads:
    You could never go wrong with microwave popcorn :). But I have a variety of favorite inexpensive snacks that I like to buy like Lays potato chips, Pringles, Oreos, Cheese Puffs, and cheese crackers like Goldfish or Cheez-Its.

16. ohiotom76

ohiotom76Well-Known Member

Threads:
    Lately I've been making bean and rice burritos to snack on. I use chicken soup base, because it's a fraction of the cost of boxed broths. I cook instant rice with half chicken broth and half spicy tomato sauce (in the mexican food section) along with some black beans. Then I just put some shredded cheese on a flour tortilla (fajita size) and warm it in the microwave for about 25 seconds, then add the bean and rice filling and wrap it up. Sometimes I will put a dollop of sour cream in it too if I have it. I priced it out, and it costs like $1.50 to make several of these burritos. Or you can just leave the bean and rice mixture in the fridge to make one or two at a time.