What's your favorite mobile app?

Discussion in Mobile Apps & Games started by Dr23 • Jul 8, 2012.

1. Dr23

Dr23Member

Threads:
    I apologize if this has been done in the past (didn't see it after a quick scan) but I was curious: What's your favorite app on your mobile device?

For me, it's Twitter. I love Twitter and have grown a decent following thanks to a hockey blog I run. I thoroughly enjoy the fact I can check in on news, sports and basic happenings with one click. Twitter typically has breaking news quicker than other media outlets so it just makes sense that I'd check there first. If I'm ever bored I'll check out the Twitter app and engage with some like-minded individuals that I follow.

That's mine - what's yours?

2. QuatreHiead

QuatreHieadMember

Threads:
    I suppose it would depend what device we are talking. Strangely enough some of the apps are slightly different and have a different feel on other devices. I own an iPod touch, iPad and Android phone; sometimes the app for Twitter for instance is great on the iPod touch, but I don't like the flow for iPad and don't like the way it works on the Android phones.

I would say however I use my OneNote app a lot, because I often like to take notes on everything! This gives me a way to keep them and have a track record of things a lot better. The weather channel app is also priceless to me on both devices, I use it a lot to gauge how I should dress day to day before going out for a while.

3. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    Are you using the official OneNote app or MobileNoter? Which platform? I have MobilieNoter. I bought it awhile ago when it looked like Microsoft wasn't going to ever support Android.

My favorite app would be the ones that I have to track my sleep. I think sleep is very important and I want to make sure that I am getting enough of it. These apps make it hard to claim more sleep than I am getting since it's right there in front of me in black and white.

4. BarelyHangingOn

BarelyHangingOnActive Member

Threads:
    I use VoCal all day. It lets you tape voice messages as an alarm whenever you want. I tape notes to myself all the time and then set the alarm for the next day etc. I put meetings and doctors appointments. Whatever I need.

I also use StarWalk alot. You point it at the sky and it will tell you what stars or galaxies you are looking at. It's pretty neat.

5. Adeal4u

Adeal4uActive Member

Threads:
    My favorite app is the wireless tether app for Android. If I don't have Internet then I can use my phones Internet on my laptop. It a very useful application and I use it anytime I don't want to pay my regular Internet bill. That way I can still check my messages and work online without missing a beat.

6. rollybooz

rollyboozActive Member

Threads:
    Well I've been a long time user of iPhones and recently crossed over to a BlackBerry Bold. My favourite app has got to be Viber, which allows for users to make free calls to others with this app and also allow for instant messaging between users across all platforms. The quality of the calls is really great and since it works over 3G and WiFi, it saves a whole lot of money on overseas and long phone calls! The latest release for BlackBerry is still in its beta phase so it doesn't support free calls yet. I'm really hoping the support would come soon!

7. Sugarhill

SugarhillActive Member

Threads:
    I'm not understanding this need for free calls on a phone that you have to pay a monthly service on. Are people still only buying plans with a set amount of minutes that they can't stay under on a monthly basis?

8. Alaska7

Alaska7Member

Threads:
    The Google Maps app has saved me so many times, it absolutely has to be my favorite app. The navigation feature is wonderful, but having global maps on hand at all times is so incredibly useful. Recently, it saved me from being hopelessly lost driving through upstate New York- I simply pulled over and consulted my digital atlas, and I got back on the right track!

9. katharinemae

katharinemaeActive Member

Threads:
    Instagram, it's an app for iphone and android os. You get to post photos and edit it using filters, share and add friends.

10. dreyz

dreyzMember

Threads:
    For social networking, having Twitter on my Android is definitely a great convenience, paired with a decent data package, I'm always connected with my friends on the go. I hardly use Facebook, so having Twitter and is enough for me. I occasionally use Whatsapp, but I'm usually not the one that starts a conversation there.

For games, I'd like having a game with high replay value like Sudoku and Tap Sonic, where I can just whip out my phone and play when I'm on the bus.

Still, if you were to ask me to choose, I'd pick Twitter.

11. chocbunny

chocbunnyNew Member

Threads:
    Utility wise - it is the bus app for my city. I use it everyday to check when my bus is coming so I don't waste too much time hanging around at the bus stop. Games wise - it is probably DragonVale. It is the one game app I constantly go back to. I just love the graphics - the dragons are so adorable!

I can't stand the facebook app for the iPhone though. It often crashes or takes me somewhere that I didn't click on. I barely use it.

12. inb4

inb4Member

Threads:
    Defiantly either the camera app or the music app. I simply cannot live without either of those. The camera app allows the ability to capture visual memories that last a lifetime. While the music app allows me to listen to music, which relaxes me and gives me an alternative way to find inner peace.

#12Aug 3, 2012
    Last edited: Aug 3, 2012
  13. nms1234

nms1234New Member

Threads:
    Right now I am enjoying the NBC Olympics app. It's not the best but I am enjoying the ability to watch any sport I want (provided it is on). For long term, I like the Netflix app that lets me watch things on the go, I can even get a good feed without wifi (with a strong signal that is). I currently like playing Boggle too.

14. steph84

steph84Active Member

Threads:
    I have 3 favorite apps. The Facebook app, Words with Friends and Pacman. I love playing Pacman more than any other game. lol

15. iNg

iNgMember

Threads:
    One of the best I have is AirVideo, which does live streaming/conversion of files on any host computer running their server. I tried at least four or five before coming upon AirVideo and was blown away by how good the conversions were, how quickly it could convert, and how little it impacts my host computer. Hell, even the converted files are a decent enough resolution that I can watch them on a normal monitor. I don't think I could live without it now. Facebook, Alien Blue, Camerabag, Shazam, Google Translate, Remote, Anonyma, and too many games to list.

16. koko

kokoBanned

Threads:
    Without a doubt I would say Viggle, with this program I earn points by watching tv and with those points I can get gift cards, prizes or facebook credits. I am watching tv anyway I may as well get paid for it

17. etc

etcActive Member

Threads:
    Theres our local radio station apps which i kept listening even when i commute going to the gym. The radio channel don't just broadcast music but also news worldwide. I don't feel like I' alone while walking since i get to listen to it. :D Sometimes i found myself laughing along with the DJ.

18. tknight123

tknight123New Member

Threads:
    My two favorites would have to be Impossible Game or Plague Inc. The Impossible Game is a simple and addicting game that you can play forever, even after you beat it. Same goes for Plague Inc., though that is a bit more complicated.

19. nash22

nash22Active Member

Threads:
    I did like the Viggle reward app, but now they make it so hard to retrieve a reward because they made the reward points higher. I love my TMZ and Facebook app.

20. gina121

gina121Active Member

Threads:
    The google maps and tube timings apps are my favorites. Could do without anything else but not these two.