What's your favorite source for discounts?

Discussion in Coupons started by illusion • Oct 27, 2013.

1. illusion

illusionMember

Threads:
    I'm always looking online for bargains. I'm married with two kids, so we really need to make our budget stretch. I tend to use Groupon for local deals for restaurants. Amazon seems to be the best place for toys and such. I'm wondering what other places people have found that seems to be working for them. Let me know, what your favorite places for bargains are.

2. caparica007

caparica007Banned

Threads:
    It really depends on your country. Here in Portugal we have quite a few discount sites like Groupon that offer the best deals. Supermarket chains also offer big discounts and even in gas stations (Continente, Galp). If you ever come here let me know and I'll give you some hints. :)

3. jodiann12

jodiann12Active Member

Threads:
    I have recently joined a website called befrugal.com . There are many deals that you can get at this site from various stores on line and off. I am currently not in the States, so the on line coupons are beneficial for me. You can get coupons for restaurants, retail stores or grocery stores. To see a sampling of some grocery store coupons, you can have a look right

4. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    I've been finding more and more deals on Ebay, actually. It is really good when you know exactly what you want (sizes, styles, brands, etc.) but not great if you just want to browse, obviously. For clothes, I typically just shop the stores I know I like, but shop online during times of sales. I use

whenever possible for online shopping, and during Black Friday and Cyber Monday, they raise all their cash back percentages. This site also gives any codes that exist for more savings or free shipping or whatever.

For toys, I'm still a fan of thrift store shopping and consignment shopping. I also use Craigslist quite a bit. Again, when you know what you want, it is pretty easy to find the best deal.

5. illusion

illusionMember

Threads:
    I never had tried befrugal.com so that's something to look at. I agree that if you know exactly what you want than craigslist and ebay can be a good source. So, that's some good advice. Thanks, guys! :)

If I ever get out to Portugal, Caprica, I would definitely like the advice. Sounds like I have some new vacation ideas.

6. UshaBecker

UshaBeckerMember

Threads:
    I guess internet..i just search for coupons and there they are..plenty of them available on my screen.

7. deansaliba

deansalibaActive Member

Threads:
    I don't look for them that often (I limit them to buying domain names), but when I do I normally just type what I'm looking for into Google.

I recently saw an episode of extreme discount coupon, or something, and I was blown away by just how much money you can make with coupon, some of them even walked away with the store owing THEM money.

8. illusion

illusionMember

Threads:
    This happens sometimes. I was in a corner store once that was selling shaving cream for $1, but it had a instant manufactures rebate for $2. I sat there staring at it for a while to see what I was missing. Then I put about 6 in my basket and a few other items, just to test the waters. At the checkout, they actually did give money instead of the other way around. I went back the next day and all the shaving cream was gone.

9. zrobles

zroblesNew Member

Threads:
    When it comes to coupons I have used Groupon. For the most part I had great savings and do my shopping at Amazon.
    These are 2 sites that I have had good experience. I am just beginning to explore other coupon sites and hope to find
    better savings.

10. stacyje

stacyjeActive Member

Threads:
    I am big fan of eBay, anything that I want to find to find a bargain on I search ebay, I just started shopping on nomorerack.com if you have not checked this site out try it .

11. TheViper

TheViperActive Member

Threads:
    I've gone to the krazycouponlady for most of my coupons or news. Though, for other coupons for online retailers then I would go to a site like groupon.

12. pandandesign

pandandesignActive Member

Threads:
    Groupon is the only website I look for good deal because that's only site I know about. I haven't tried another website, but I have forgotten the name, it's quite good but you have to find the best deal within a period of time. I got recommended by one of my friends who has always looked for good deal whenever she could. Other than that, I usually look for good deals on the paper in which I subscribe. But it doesn't usually have good deals like Groupon does.

13. rossonomous

rossonomousActive Member

Threads:
    I often go onto a website called UKhotdeals which tracks good deals that are out and when they expire. It's pretty good for games and technology.

14. Hedonologist

HedonologistActive Member

Threads:
    'Mens Health' is by far the best source of coupons for supplements and other male health products. I've often bought it for the sole purpose of getting coupons giving a bigger discount than the cost of the magazine.

15. MelissaEwan9

MelissaEwan9New Member

Threads:
    I think wallmart is the best choice of us.

What you say friends ?

16. Carles

CarlesMember

Threads:
    I am subscribed to the subreddit /r/freebies and /r/efreebies on reddit. They have a lot of free products and samples. I once got a $20 game for free. They also have a subreddit for coupons.

17. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    I like krazykoupon lady and

They are beyond just helpful. I also like coupons from companies from Bzzagent & influenster. You guys speak highly of Groupon I guess I should check it out.