What's your favorite TV show about cheapskates?

Discussion in Misc & Others started by True2marie • Jul 24, 2014.

1. True2marie

True2marieActive Member

Threads:
    Since the U.S. economy has changed, there's been a lot of TV shows on air about saving money. I love the ones about cheapskates such as 'Extreme Couponing'. TV shows like this have helped me learn how to cut corners. Also, they are great examples of when it's not worth saving a back. Some of them show people going too far like spending hoarding items not fit for their family just because they're free.

extreme-couponing-1024x585.

2. ACSAPA

ACSAPAWell-Known Member

Threads:
    The only 2 cheapskate shows that I know of are Extreme Couponing and Extreme Cheapskates. I like Extreme Couponing because it inspires me to get off my butt and organize my coupons.
    I like Extreme Cheapskates for the schadenfreude of seeing the insane lengths that people will go to to save money, from serving cat food to guests to using rags for toilet paper. It's hilariously bad and bizarre.

3. dustysmommy2013

dustysmommy2013Active Member

Threads:
    I enjoy Extreme Couponing because it has shown me that it is definitely possible to save money with coupons. I don't always agree with the shoppers's techniques on this show. For example, the single men that hoard diapers just because they got them for free. Why? So you *might* get married one day and/or you *might* have a kid one day? Okay, that's fine. But who's to say that the diapers you're stacking up will work for your baby? Why don't you wait until you know its going to work for your family? Better yet, take all those diaper coupons to the store and find a young mother who CAN use them RIGHT NOW. Other than not agreeing with all that, I do like the show and it has spurred me to find good deals and coupons other than just in the Sunday paper.

I watch Extreme Cheapskates every once in awhile but I feel like it is very unrealistic and dramatized for the show.

4. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I haven't heard of these shows...
    I'm also not the coupon kind of guy. I hate saving papers and stuff I don't actually need.
    I also hate being behind those people in line to pay stuff....

I would check them out though... It's always funny to see out of control people eating cat food! :p
    Like most Reality Shows, it's probably scripted to some point though...

5. Bright7

Bright7Active Member

Threads:
    I like Extreme Couponing. I am a couponer but not at the level depicted on the show. I have taken a few tips and tricks from the show but I would never stockpile that many items. I just don't foresee ever needing 500 bottles of salad dressing.