What's your favourite natural soap?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by Dora M • Mar 10, 2014.

1. Dora M

Dora MWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I really like shopping at my local health food store where I can buy my favourite types of soap. They tend to be handmade and come from this region. I prefer pure goat milk soap for its creamy smooth texture. I am also fond of various types of clay soaps that are mixed with herbs. I could spend a long time just admiring and smelling all the different soap creations, some of which look like little slices of cake or are moulded into various intriguing shapes. On top of my list are soaps that contain essential oils of patchouli, orange and ylang ylang. I think I am quite a soap collector. What's your favourite soap?

2. khillis

khillisMember

Threads:
    I actually make all my own organic soap; my favourite one so far has been oatmeal, honey soap. I have never actually worked with goat's milk before, but would like to try it. I mainly use organic oils and butters (e.g. coconut, Shea, olive, etc.)

3. Jennyflower81

Jennyflower81New Member

Threads:
    I started using natural products, including soap, several years ago, while working at Whole Foods. They educated us on how many toxins were in conventional soaps and beauty products. I am a "less is more" type of person. I decided to try Dr. Bronner's Magic Pure Castile Soap. It is concentrated, so it lasts for like, 6 months for me. I use it for shampoo and body wash. It doesn't work to make bubbles in a bubble bath though. I have used the hemp and almond oil variety, and now I use the rose-scented variety. It leaves my hair and body very lightly scented like roses, which I like. I avoid stinky perfumes and flowery body sprays, so this simple soap is perfect for me. I have the peace of mind that I'm not using something bad for my body or for the environment. Additionally, I have a friend who makes soaps and body scrubs. Her company is called Laughing Devil. I love her foot scrub that is made of cocoa, coffee, brown sugar, peppermint oil, and avocado oil- it is heavenly!

4. Rzashida

RzashidaActive Member

Threads:
    I like Alaffia Peppermint African Black Soap, I purchased it at whole foods and I have used it has a shampoo and bodywash. I prefer all natural soaps and this one does well. It is not a bar soap but a little does go a long way.

5. Gmac9100

Gmac9100Active Member

Threads:
    My favorite natural soap is Octagon. I had eczema when i was younger, and my doctor recommended it. It stinks a little, but it clears my skin up.

6. Oakster

OaksterActive Member

Threads:
    I buy my soap from a small local producer.
    She uses lots of different products to make it but I honestly couldn't name them all, the ones I buy the most often are the Honey and Lavender ones, they smell fantastic and are great for my skin.