What's Your Favourite Type Of Bread?

Discussion in Food & Drink started by JoanMcWench • Feb 16, 2015.

1. JoanMcWench

JoanMcWenchActive Member

Threads:
    I use a few things to gauge a good bread: Taste, texture, crust, & aroma. For myself it's between challah & sourdough. They're both substantial for a great sandwich but the real way I decide is which one absorbs the most broth from my soup. With that in mind I'm going to have to say the challah bread. You?

2. Squigly

SquiglyActive Member

Threads:
    Japanese milk bread for me, it has a really delectable texture that's perfect when toasted! I tried it once at a Japanese bakery and have not bought store loaves since. It's really cheap and tastes much better!

3. pafjlh

pafjlhActive Member

Threads:
    As far as bread that I can easily obtain I also like sour dough bread. This is a great bread to make grill cheese or patty melts. I use to be a fan of Rye Bread but due to a digestive disorder that runs rapid through my family, we tend to avoid this bread due to the small seeds. As for bread that I love that I can't always get I like Chabotta bread. This is a bread with a good flavor and consistency. Too bad its not easily obtained and isn't cheap to buy either.

4. valiantx

valiantxActive Member

Threads:
    My most like bread are made from King's Hawaiian bread company. Their product is soft in texture, tastes good and not too sweet, smells good, and are sold in precut squares to allow easy sharing of the bread. My mother bought this bread for my family since I can remember and we still eat it to this day - although I admit, the Hawaiian bread will be gone in less than day with my family!

5. Moroccanbeauty2266

Moroccanbeauty2266Active Member

Threads:
    I prefer German bread. It tastes so good. It is not that soft and not that hard.
    American bread is not the same but the American kind of white toast bread is more delicious than the German toast.

6. Corzhens

CorzhensWell-Known Member

Threads:
    We have here the so called mongo bread. It is baked together with mung beans that is sweetened. It is best eaten as it is, just sliced and nothing is added. It goes best with a choco milk drink. However, it is good only for snacks so we still have that morning bread called pandesal which a like a small bagel that is crispy on top.

My husband's favorite bread is the brown wheat bread. However, he only buys occasionally because he is the only one eating it. None in our house would touch it.

7. Parker

ParkerWell-Known Member

Threads:
    My favorite type of bread is 7 grain bread. It's very hearty and healthy. I also enjoy sourdough. I learned to love this bread when I lived in San Francisco. I am also very fond of cinnamon raisin bread and Hawaiian sweet bread. Even though I love bread, I rarely eat it.

8. DiscountDreams

DiscountDreamsActive Member

Threads:
    There is this bread that a local bakery makes in my 2nd hometown that is theeeeee best bread I've ever had in my life. It's herb-infused and they brush it with this next level olive oil, so amazing and so inexpensive, better prices than most grocery stores while being way better at the same time.

9. cocolgooh

cocolgoohActive Member

Threads:
    I love French baguettes! They're probably my favorite type of bread overall! Unfortunately it's really hard to buy them ready made here without anything I'm allergic to in them and I can't seem to make them the same.

As for more regular every day bread though, I like wholemeal bread the best. I also like bread that has seeds on it and in it. I like it to have a bit of a crunchy crust but be soft on the inside. Unfortunately that bread also seems to be more expensive than the plain white bread I buy most often!

10. Dame6089

Dame6089Active Member

Threads:
    I am a big fan of rye bread if we are just talking about the taste of the bread itself. Still, I tend to just buy multi grain bread as it appeals to more people and tastes better with sandwiches than rye does in my opinion. Still, I love to have a couple slices of toasted rye with my sunnyside up eggs. Nothing better!

11. Pat

PatWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am not a big bread eater, my favorite would be a multi grain bread. I like the challah bread for french toast with cinnamon. The sourdough bread does make a nice heavy filling sandwich, I had a sandwich this week made with sourdough bread and was not hungry for hours later.

12. Krissttina Isobe

Krissttina IsobeWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I just found this bread when it went on sale from Love's Bakery baked locally called Love’s Hawaii’s Hearth Breads the Honey Oat Bread and it's on the light sweet side, huge for a bread slice and I love it! Yum!!! 69956.loveshearth.
    from