What's Your Latest Flop?

Discussion in Product Reviews started by Diane Lane • Jul 4, 2016.

1. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Despite not being able to physically see the items I purchase online in person, I'm usually pretty satisfied with them. Occasionally, though, there'll be a significant flop, where the item has been misrepresented, doesn't fit, the Fabric doesn't feel the way I expected, or for some other reason, I'm dissatisfied with my purchase. I typically look for deals online, so usually, the flop isn't that great of a loss, but it's still disappointing when something I've bought doesn't live up to my expectations.

My most recent flop was a set of screen protectors I purchased last week. The package arrived Saturday, and I was busy, so I set it aside. I was pleased that they'd arrived sooner than expected, and I was happy to have gotten them, since I've never had an issue with ordering this type of product online, because as long as I've screened the purchase by make and model number of the gadget, the fit has always been right.

This set of screen protectors didn't come with a smoothing tool, which was unusual. It can be difficult to get the protector on smoothly, with no bubbles, without that device. Also, although the opening at the bottom of the screen was the right size and location, the top of the protectors had some sort of other openings that didn't fit my device. I am glad I didn't leave feedback for the transaction right away, because I'm going to have to contact the seller to get a set that fits my device properly.

Have you had a recent flop? Been dissatisfied with a recent purchase? Do you typically have good experiences when you shop online?

2. davos

davosActive Member

Threads:
    My latest flop acquisition is a Grey Nike Matira Thong flip flop. This pair feature a refined finish to a relaxed, sleek and stylish design, also are quite lightweight and durable. Made of rubber, these flip-flops have an ergonomic footbed that are very comfy to wear.

3. Ke Gordon

Ke GordonWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I posted on another thread about the Amazon marketplace slipcover that is ridiculous and a blatant piece of false advertising. I am trying to think about other ones..Well this is almost a year old, but my roomate talked me into buying an external USB CD drive, while it is a nice piece of equipment but you have to plug it directly into the motherboard,,,which I don't have access too, so it has been sitting here. I was hoping I could figure something out..but it clearly isn't going to work. I contacted shipper who wanted me to pay to return it, but I am not sure, I may try to sell it..There is a computer store here that could possibly buy it, I will check when I go into town tommorrow. I bought it used..and I thought I got a deal..well, maybe for someone it would be!

4. Diane Lane

Diane LaneWell-Known Member

Threads:
    @davos@davos I think you misunderstood. The term 'flop' means something that was unsuccessful, or didn't work out. It sounds as if you're quite happy with your purchase.

Are you using it on a laptop @Ke Gordon@Ke Gordon, and is that why you can't access the motherboard? Not that I'd know offhand how to go about hooking it up, but I'm using a desktop, so that might be possible. I usually look around to see how to do things, otherwise I wouldn't attempt anything tech-oriented.

If your local store isn't interested, you could always list it on eBay. I still haven't followed up on the screen protectors. I've been occupied with other matters and actually forgot until I saw this thread again. I might be able to use them if I cut off the extra part at the top with the odd openings, and find something to smooth it out with, but even if so, I'm not leaving them positive feedback, since they weren't customized to my device, which is what I supposedly purchased.

5. Sydney M.

Sydney M.Member

Threads:
    I normally have a similar experience, where most of the things I buy online I am happy with, but I recently bought a pair of super cute red platform sneakers from GoJane.com and I can't say I loved them when I received them. I'm normally a six, but the shoes were a bit too big for my feet (more like a 6 1/2). The photo also didn't clearly depict that the toe was pointed, which I really wasn't into when I saw them in person. Although I only spent about $15 on them, that's about $15 down the drain because I'll probably never wear them:rolleyes:

6. Happyflowerlady

HappyflowerladyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    When we got our little backyard swimming pool, we also got a couple of the cheapie $1.99 floats at Walmart. I thought it would be nice to have better ones and ordered some from ebay, a pink/purple one for me and an American flag one for my husband.
    His is perfect; but they sent the wrong color for mine, and it is an ugly blue. I hate blue anyway, except for that dark cobalt blue color that is almost indigo.
    Anyway, before leaving feedback to that effect, I contacted the seller, and let them know it was the wrong color. They said they have no control of what color is sent and they can't replace it; but I can send it back if I want to.
    I don't want to send it back, because I want to use it; so I guess I will just be stuck with the ugly blue one.
    As long as it is comfortable for floating in the pool, that is the main thing anyway; but next time, I will make sure that there is a good color selection option before purchasing.

7. remnant

remnantActive Member

Threads:
    My latest flop is when I bought a battery for my phone. I was looking for a longlasting battery with a long battery life. I have used Itel batteries and they proved to be functional so I was shopping around for the same make. I bought one that looked sleek and new. I charged it fully and started using it on my phone since I do heavy browsing. I was surprised that it went low after barely two hours and then quickly went empty. On a closer look, I saw that it was fake. Even the writing on its surface had grammatical errors and it had a curve in the centre.

8. isabbbela

isabbbelaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Mine were dresses I got on sale on a website. I bought three of hem, and two are ok, but one of them is really bad quality, very thin and a bit transparent. And the price was so cheap it's not even worth it returning!

9. Lushlala

LushlalaWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I'm an avid online shopper, but I have to say I've been very, very lucky. And Lord knows, I've done my fair share of online shopping over the years. So far I've only ever had to return stuff twice because the one was faulty and the other just looked completely different to the picture and I HATED it. Luckily, the online store I shop most with is just the best to shop with. They not only take things back and issue a credit note or swap it for you; they will also pay for you to return the items! I LOVE online shopping :)