What's Your Monthly Online Shopping Threshold?

Discussion in Online Shopping started by lemony • Nov 14, 2014.

1. lemony

lemonyMember

Threads:
    Online shopping is very convenient for those who need something but just do not have the time to go to the store, look through the items they have by walking around the area, and waiting in line at the register to purchase the item (not to mention the amount of traffic one needs to brave just to get to where they sell the item that is needed).

Just like budgeting for everything else in the household on a monthly basis, I put away a certain amount of money for online shopping. I put aside about $50 - $80, depending on the need that arises. How about you, how much do you put aside for monthly online shopping?

2. orz

orzActive Member

Threads:
    I don't really put a limit on how much I'll spend online as it really just depends on whats on offer. I'm willing to spend as much or as little online in comparison to in person through a retailer, to me there's really no difference. It purely just depends on my needs at the time (Which obviously varies a lot).

3. clairebeautiful

clairebeautifulActive Member

Threads:
    This is me too. I don't have a specific "online" budget. If something online is a better deal, and it is something I need, I'll buy it. The only exception, I guess, is when it comes to gift giving, but again, it isn't an "online threshold" so much as a gift threshold. Usually my husband and I decide on a number and then go out and try to find the best deals within our gift allowance. Most often, the best deals are online.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I noticed that I'm becoming more of an impulsive shopper nowadays, so I don't really have a set amount when it comes to shopping online. I shop until I can afford it. But I try not to overspend though.

5. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    To be honest I don't have a monthly shopping budget. All I ever buy online are ebooks and used DVDs. I only buy them when I need them. So if I have enough movies to watch for a couple of months since I swap DVDs with friends, then it would take quite as long to get back to half.com to buy some more DVDs.

6. Winnie

WinnieActive Member

Threads:
    I don't do a lot of online shopping, but if I see something that I want to get, if I have an excess amount of money after paying bills, then I'll go ahead and make the purchase. Online shopping is very convenient, I really should do it more often as opposed to going out to shop. I like going out, it is really time consuming though.

7. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    If I was in the states where online shopping is more of a regular thing to do, may be I would say that my monthly online threshold would have been a lot higher, so currently, I spend only when I need something, like right now, I'm going to have to order a LCD from Ebay for my Samsung dv300f, as the screen went after it fell from me, so..that would cost me about $13-15. And that's my monthly quota for now!

8. JessiFox

JessiFoxActive Member

Threads:
    I factor my overall spending options for the month, not really split up by online vs. in person. I'm not at a point where I'm doing "no spend" entirely but I am trying to limit it, especially online, because I feel like I do a lot of my impulse shopping that way just because of how easy it is and it's just pressing buttons instead of actually handing over money in the physical sense. So I've been trying to spend less online.

9. selina

selinaMember

Threads:
    Actually I don't like to wait in a line for paying of our shopping products in malls and supermarkets. To be honest I really don't know what is my monthly budget for shopping online because I prefer online shopping mostly and never forget to use offers and voucher code if I have. For outing go to bitches or party but don't waste time in shopping outside because online shopping is the best option.