Whats Your Opinion On Atkins?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by H.C. Heartland • Jun 5, 2015.

1. H.C. Heartland

H.C. HeartlandActive Member

Threads:
    You can get a free Atkins start up kit with coupons. Our friends who are visiting right now and did it before they came. They said it really stopped the sugar cravings and they felt much better for traveling after they did it. What is your opinion on the Atkins diet regime?

2. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    Any diet should be well thought out, but Atkins is all about protein and no carbs. I think carbs are important, even a small amount each day. If you did it for a week, then it may help curb cravings, but with all diets it's about balance and how you eat afterwards to maintain your diet.

You can cut out sugar without having to go on an Atkin's diet.

3. JosieP

JosiePWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think just eating right is a whole lot easier than following a diet. Our every cell and function relies on carbs. Real carbs, not highly processed junk carbs. Cutting them out is cutting out so many amazing, healthful foods. People need to start eating for health instead of weight. Then they don't even have to work at losing it.

4. bonzer

bonzerActive Member

Threads:
    A balanced diet is much better than these fad diets. Carbs are an essential part of the daily requirement for our body and you can't have zero carbs. Our body craves for energy and most of the energy is derived from carb-rich food. It's the total calories that you need to count on and avoiding extra calories beyond BMR requirement.
    Eating all kinds of foods and staying within the stipulated calories with a regular workout should do the trick.

5. missbishi

missbishiWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've known plenty of people lose weight on the Atkins diet only to pile it all back on again as soon as they returned to their old eating habits.

Whilst it certainly seems to give results, it wouuld be impossible to sustain this way of eating for a long time so surely it's better to simply make healthier choices and exercise a little more?

6. Adrianna

AdriannaNew Member

Threads:
    I've done Atkins and South Beach diets. It's ok they are both kind of a lot to follow. I think it's better to just eat real food. There is packaged foods in these eating plans. Vegan diets work the fastest. This includes real food not a vegan cookie or anything like this. Fruits, vegetables, salads with homemade dressings, and so forth. Keep it simple and consistent. If you like sweets lots of fruit is fine, unlimited actually. It's all about carbs with vegans. No bread though as it is processed. Sweet potatoes, white potatoes, squash and all of this are ok. The results are dramatic with vegan compared to Atkins. One avocado a day is enough protein and this makes it low fat. There is actually protein in fruit and vegetables too.