What's your opinion on plastic surgery?

Discussion in Health & Beauty started by ericah23 • Aug 19, 2014.

1. ericah23

ericah23New Member

Threads:
    So the other day me and some friends were having a conversation, about plastic surgery. They were totally against it, because they feel as if the people who has it are dealing with self esteem issues. My opinion, is i think it's there body and they are in control, however what my friends said can be true in certain situations, so i have to know what do you think?

2. Nada noor

Nada noorNew Member

Threads:
    I'm ok with it. I've had my boobs done and it didnt change the person I am. I did the surgery for myself and would never do it for some guy. I dont think all people who have had plastic surgery are fake and insecure but unfortunately there are some out there that are.

3. Jessi

Jessi<a href="http://www.quirkycookery.com">QuirkyCooke

Threads:
    It really depends.

While I can't imagine ever getting it myself, I know some people who have had various procedures and it made them feel so much better about themselves. It's not always about just getting bigger boobs, for example. Some people may have been bullied about their crooked nose or their ears sticking out.... or there are women whose breasts are drastically different sizes and they're very self-conscious about it.

I think so long as they give it a lot of thought and research, and that if they really think it'll improve their quality of life overall....then so be it.

4. sidney

sidneyWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I haven't done any form of plastic surgery yet and I don't plan on doing one at all, but I have nothing against people who do it because I know they do it because they're unhappy with certain parts of their body, so if correcting or improving them makes them happy and confident, so be it. The only thing that's bad about plastic surgery is if people go overboard with it.

5. Nickchick

NickchickWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I think it's stupid because it seems fake. You should work with what you got. If you were in a car accident or something then it would make sense. I hate my face but I would never change it. It can be risky.
    However, people can do what they want. If it makes them happy then no one should tell them what they want to do with their money and body.

6. Theo

TheoWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I am against it for aesthetic reason, but not in instances where people have been burnt or had an accident.
    I have friends who have had fake boobs and it is painful and many said they would not do it again. I have GG cups and I would like them smaller, but would not have surgery because I don't want the pain. Most of my friends envy me, but I think sometimes we must accept what we have.

I think plastic surgery can be misleading when women are trying to find a man, because if they have children, they aren't going to take after the new look. They will inherit the original features.

7. Verity Darkwaters

Verity DarkwatersActive Member

Threads:
    It depends I guess. Some people choose to have it after a horrific accident to help make them feel normal again and that is fine. Some do it for health reasons like breast reduction to get rid of pain. If I could I'd probably do that because I'm currently a DDD, and apparently most store's don't carry triple D's and it is just painful. But I don't think I will end up getting the surgery because I don't like pain, it is expensive, and I don't think we should change ourselves unless we absolutely need too. Plastic surgery rarely makes people happier, it is a void or bad self esteem in the first place that makes most people want to change themselves. I think we should work on loving ourselves and quit being so quit to change it. Again there are some cases I understand.

8. DrRipley

DrRipleyExpert

Threads:
    I don't care what people do with their bodies, but I kind of hope that they can just leave it alone as much as possible. I don't think plastic surgery looks all that good most of the time, but I have to admit that when it's done well it can really turn out to be attractive. If it helps people with their self esteem then I'd say it is a good thing that it at least exists as an option.

9. lilygracer

lilygracerNew Member

Threads:
    I don't think there is anything wrong with getting plastic surgery. If it is something that you truly want. It is a big decision and should not be made impulsively. A lot of people think that plastic surgery will magically improve their lives. But it won't. It's an enhancement, not a ticket to a new life. I had my breasts done and I'm still the same person I was before the surgery. But, for some people, I do think it's easy to get addicted to plastic surgery. One of my friends had her nose done in college. She was happy at first, but then the more she looked at her nose, she felt her other features were fading. So she got her eyes done and now she wants to get her chin done. It's a slippery slope. And I think in today's times, plastic surgery is glamorized. We all want to be perfect. But it all has to start from the inside.

10. beccagreen

beccagreenActive Member

Threads:
    I have no problem with plastic surgery. I've never had anything done on me nor would I ever try it, I'm perfectly fine with the way I look but I wouldn't say that it's wrong or bad or whatever. If a person isn't happy with how he/she looks then it's perfectly fine if he/she wants to change it, after all it's not like they're going to bother you in anyway.

11. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I suppose plastic surgery is very much like one of those things which you can't really talk about unless you've walked a mile or two in someone's shoes. Those who undergo plastic surgery to change their looks or parts of their body which they're not proud of, have their reasons. If it makes them feel better about themselves well . . . everyone deserves to be happy. If better looks can get them that . . .

12. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    Plastic surgery is not necessarily a bad thing and it definitely has its place. What gives the procedure a bad name are those people who are addicted to it. Many people have body image problems and because of this they use the procedure to correct what they feel is wrong with their body. As such there are many who end up looking worse after the procedure is done. Also some of the doctors who perform these procedures are doing their patients a disservice by not refusing to do what they are requesting. I think people should go see a psychologist before they get the procedure done, to be sure they know and understand what they are getting into.

13. prettycolors

prettycolorsActive Member

Threads:
    Nicely said!

I feel that around here, where I live, the bad perception on plastic surgery comes from the countless star wannabees people see on TV. Big lips, fake breasts and non natural faces - all things that make those girls look like bad paintings. Most people think of those artificial starlets when discussing plastic surgery and tend to forget that some people get genuine life improvements through surgery.

14. Denis Hard

Denis HardWell-Known Member

Threads:
    I've heard of people who undergo plastic surgery so they can look like barbie dolls. Such people probably only seek attention. But no matter how much attention one craves unless they're proud of who they are first, no amount of plastic surgery can ever change that because "it's all in the mind."

I prefer the change your attitude towards something approach rather than taking extreme measures like plastic surgery. Its just a personal preference but I don't judge anyone who goes for plastic surgery nonetheless.

15. May102014

May102014Active Member

Threads:
    Personally, I don't have an issue with plastic surgery. Whatever people want to do with their bodies is their business. I can't say for sure if I won't ever get plastic surgery. I'm afraid of surgery and going into a deep sleep via Propofol. My fear is that I will go in for a medical procedure and never wake up. Not to say I have bad luck, but whenever I anticipate the worst, it always end up happening. Anyway, you can say it has something to do with self esteem issues or even vanity. Whatever the case may be, if it makes you happy then do it.