What's Your Opinion on Resistance Bands?

Discussion in Sports & Fitness started by Spectre456 • Sep 2, 2014.

1. Spectre456

Spectre456Active Member

Threads:
    Resistance bands are an interesting topic to me, up until a year ago I thought they were only used for physical therapy and rehabilitation. Researching for ways to work out at home I came across P90X, which recommended resistance bands. So I bought a set of them and I had one snap after about 6 months of use. They luckily have good warranty and I got a replacement. So far I have no complaints with them aside from the snapping, but that's to be expected. My workouts are great and I gained quite a good amount of muscle.

So what's your opinion on resistance bands? Do any of you prefer them to dumbbells?

2. Colebra

ColebraActive Member

Threads:
    I think Resistance Bands are great, because when compared with Dumbbell, they have very little impact on joints.
    Plus, they are a HARD workout. People sneer at this stuff, but they have no idea...

I have one of these at home:

[​IMG]

I can pick it up, play around with it for 5 minutes, and go to the mirror to see my chest pumped as hell.
    I need to buy a decent set though...

3. allswl

allswlActive Member

Threads:
    I like using resistance bands when working out. I have used them for periods of time they offer greater safety over weight and of course they cost a lot less. They can also be transported easily no matter where you go. Weights are bulky and must be handled with care.

4. Thejamal

ThejamalActive Member

Threads:
    I don't use them often, but they are useful. They're great for a good workout without putting extra stress on your joints. They're also easier to transition back to working out for people who can't use traditional weights or are transitioning back into injury for a workout.

5. Servace

ServaceActive Member

Threads:
    I love my resistant band. There are just so many workouts you can do with them. I have an attachment that clips to the door and you can do workouts you do at the gym that deal with a pulley system.

6. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    I have some friends who find it funny that I use resistance bands. They say resistance bands are for weaklings. I say nonsense. The problem is that they compare it to free weights. Both have their rightful places in a workout routine.

7. ExpertAdvice

ExpertAdviceActive Member

Threads:
    I didn't know much about resistance bands until this post/ thread, thanks man! I will ensure that I seek out a set myself. I like the fact that they aren't hard on the joints, dumbbells do serve a purpose-I've become so attached to them, but I think a good set of resistance bands will be just as good for muscles, what I need to do now is to do some research as to how to use them properly.

8. soultakerkage

soultakerkageMember

Threads:
    I never liked resistance bands. It could be just me but I never could figure out how to use them the right. I stick to just weights.

9. calebmelvern

calebmelvernActive Member

Threads:
    Searching for video tutorials always helps. :) That was how I got started after purchasing a set of resistance bands. At first I was doubtful but as soon as I did my first exercise, I realized how great these things are.